By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - [Project] [Complete] "Get all the stuff out of my gaming PC and put it somewhere else"

It's a helluva Rocket League machine, congrats.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
m0ney said:
It's a helluva Rocket League machine, congrats.

That's if anything my backup Rocket League machine that I will dearly hope I will never have to use for that. It's just my entertainment center minus Rocket League and any other heavy games.

Gaming is done on my GPC which for now sports a GTX1080 and an i7 6850k. Though, I do hope I can upgrade it this year if Nvidia and Intel are willing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

That's if anything my backup Rocket League machine that I will dearly hope I will never have to use for that. It's just my entertainment center minus Rocket League and any other heavy games.

Gaming is done on my GPC which for now sports a GTX1080 and an i7 6850k. Though, I do hope I can upgrade it this year if Nvidia and Intel are willing.

Oh, I got that wrong :P

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

While waiting on my cooling paste to be delivered I'm trying to assemble as much as I can. New board, new science. They seem quite overprotected over my tiny m.2 SSD. it's hidden behind a heat shield with some conductive stuff between it. While the other slot is just on the backside of the board directly next to the CPU. Guess not all SSDs are born equal^^ Also I'm rediscovering how much I hate small cases. The board isn't even in yet and I already hate it. Can't wait to fiddle around with the front panel connectors again.....

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I hate the front IO connectors, so small and hard to know where each one of them go >.<

As for working on a small case... I predict blood, sweat and (maybe) tears. And also some swear.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I hate the front IO connectors, so small and hard to know where each one of them go >.<

As for working on a small case... I predict blood, sweat and (maybe) tears. And also some swear.

I kept as much of the previous cabling as intact as I could. Didn't even remove the old PSU, just so I have to assemble as little as possible. Now if only my paste would arrive already. I've prepared as much as I could short of actually putting the board into the case.

I want to have everything installed to a point where I can start the big data transfers over night.

Also I regret not getting a second SSD. Now I have to partition half of the disk for games and stuff. Probably gonna get a second one as soon as I've migrated everything.

edit: ok the premium Noctua thermal paste is finally here. Now let's get this shit on the road.

Last edited by vivster - on 02 February 2018

vivster said:
JEMC said:

I kept as much of the previous cabling as intact as I could. Didn't even remove the old PSU, just so I have to assemble as little as possible. Now if only my paste would arrive already. I've prepared as much as I could short of actually putting the board into the case.

I want to have everything installed to a point where I can start the big data transfers over night.

Also I regret not getting a second SSD. Now I have to partition half of the disk for games and stuff. Probably gonna get a second one as soon as I've migrated everything.

edit: ok the premium Noctua thermal paste is finally here. Now let's get this shit on the road.

Woo!
Good luck.

caffeinade said:

Woo!
Good luck.

I was kinda hoping my premium paste comes with some cleaning solution for the old paste. That means good ol' water and paper towels will have to do. I'm gonna be really interested in my CPU temperatures. I'm getting second thoughts about using my cute little low profile cooler for a high clocked 6 core.

vivster said:
caffeinade said:

Woo!
Good luck.

I was kinda hoping my premium paste comes with some cleaning solution for the old paste. That means good ol' water and paper towels will have to do. I'm gonna be really interested in my CPU temperatures. I'm getting second thoughts about using my cute little low profile cooler for a high clocked 6 core.

You should use alcohol rather than water.
Keep us posted, when you have numbers.

caffeinade said:
vivster said:

You should use alcohol rather than water.
Keep us posted, when you have numbers.

No alcohol anywhere. I remember my last cooler or thermal paste came with a handy solution. Anyway I don't believe it will make much of a difference than maybe 1-2°C. If I get temps like 70-80 with heavy load it's probably the undersized cooler.

I like that building a PC always reaffirms my atheism. No real god would allow so many tiny screws in such a cramped space.

Cooler sits and Mainboard is in. Let's get the plugging started.