By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Rockstar take the 102% approach with RDR2?

After trying to get the 100% achievement on 3 separate GTA games (GTA 3, 4 and 5) I've found out the hard way that Rockstar cannot be trusted to make a game without bugs that lock you out of 100% completion.

They even released the next gen ports of gta v with these same bugs in tact that stop you getting 100% or getting the platinum trophy.

So with RDR2 should they make it possible to get 102% so if 1 or 2 things go wrong you'd still get the 100% achievement? 

Around the Network

102% doesn't exist. If anything, they should make that the achievement unlocks at 98%.

They should fix the bugs!

Clearly they need to go the route of letting you purchase trophies, so that incase of bugs you can just buy the missing ones to get platinum. Or if your too busy or lazy you can also buy trophies to get that platinum.

It is not fair that not everyone can get a platinum if they want to.

I think they should take the "no MTAs, great game" approach.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:

I just explained why the game wouldn't show 102%. Don't be a tosspot, Ka-pi.

I miss being a simpleton, that sounded less insulting

And some games do actually show 102% though

105% for Crash 3, perhaps that would be better.

Ka-pi96 said:
No, becuase 102% looks silly, and you know that if that was the limit then the trophy would require 102% anyway, so you wouldn't be able to avoid anything still.

My point is Rockstar can't be trusted. You might think that looks stupid but they look like absolute fools when they release gta v on ps4 with known game breaking bugs and same with gta 3 on ps4. My solution would go a long way to fixing this. Have another in game achievement attached to the true 100% of they want but don't have it attached to the trophies. 

Kaneman! said:
102% doesn't exist. If anything, they should make that the achievement unlocks at 98%.

It exists in plenty of games. Spyro and crash come to mind. 

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:
No, becuase 102% looks silly, and you know that if that was the limit then the trophy would require 102% anyway, so you wouldn't be able to avoid anything still.

This is more like a Final Fantasy X-2 approach where the amount of percent points that can be gathered are above 100, but the counter tops out at 100% anyway, so the player doesn't need to trigger every single event in the game for sufficient completion.

Basically this. 

ye they should. RDR