tbone51 said:
Hahahaha lay off the drugs tbone51

that's...

something

Its a hidden joke :P

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I still believe it would. People would rather have a grindfest 100 hour campaign than a well crafted 11 hour game. When buying people look at the hours they expect to spend with that game as quality is way too subjective. Look at the market now and tell me if these massive lengthy games aren't selling more than shorter games with some exceptions here and there.

Eh, God of War has always been praised for the entirety of the package. It wouldn't be hammered if it had been more of the same, but Santa Monica wanted more. 

That was till last gen. Gamers expect different things from games this gen. You rarely see those 5 to 15 hour games being success stories and most games have open world or multiplayer that can keep you playing for a long time. Sure some reviewers might praise it but the people would just look at its length and be like "nah, not $60 for this when I can buy Skyrim again on PS4 with another 50 hours of repetitive quests!" Yeah it sounds one note but that's what most gamers are like.

Naughty Dog are the exceptions to that rule but Santa Monica doesn't have the same reputation and God of War the same kind of appeal and no multiplayer even as an afterthought.

Will sell a little better than horizon so 8m max

GOWTLOZ said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, God of War has always been praised for the entirety of the package. It wouldn't be hammered if it had been more of the same, but Santa Monica wanted more. 

That was till last gen. Gamers expect different things from games this gen. You rarely see those 5 to 15 hour games being success stories and most games have open world or multiplayer that can keep you playing for a long time. Sure some reviewers might praise it but the people would just look at its length and be like "nah, not $60 for this when I can buy Skyrim again on PS4 with another 50 hours of repetitive quests!" Yeah it sounds one note but that's what most gamers are like.

Naughty Dog are the exceptions to that rule but Santa Monica doesn't have the same reputation and God of War the same kind of appeal and no multiplayer even as an afterthought.

Nothing suggests that a typical God of War wouldn't have done the trick. Regardless of Naughty Dog, Skyrim, or what have you. But hey, feel free to believe otherwise. No one really knows.

CGI-Quality said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Nothing suggests that a typical God of War wouldn't have done the trick. Regardless of Naughty Dog, Skyrim, or what have you. But hey, feel free to believe otherwise. No one really knows.

This could go on but I'll shorten it yes it does. There's a reason EA was quoted saying linear single player games don't sell. With some exceptions they really don't. This is VGC, look it up yourself.

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
CGI-Quality said:

This could go on but I'll shorten it yes it does. There's a reason EA was quoted saying linear single player games don't sell. With some exceptions they really don't. This is VGC, look it up yourself.

I don't care about EA's quotes. In fact, they're some of the last set of folks I'd listen to. And this being VGC is irrelevant to my point. So stand by your views. This newest release is what it is. 

With digital, yes. But I don't think we'll know if it ever sell that much. We don't have the real LTD number for UC4 or any big PS4 Sony games, do we ?

CGI-Quality said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I don't care about EA's quotes. In fact, they're some of the last set of folks I'd listen to. And this being VGC is irrelevant to my point entirely. But, as I noted, believe what you want. This newest release is what it is. 

They have analysts working for them, they know more about the market than any of us. Tell me, if linear games had such high sales potential why do we see such few ones coming out. Developers wouldn't just not serve these people out of spite. There is more to it.

Look at Wolfenstein 2. Fits the bill. Critically acclaimed game but nobody is buying it. ACO and SMO came out the same day and sold millions more. Just so obvious man, if you ignore such evidence there is no point in further discussion.

GOWTLOZ said:

Don't you mean there's a reason why EA repeatedly runs studios and IPs into the ground? It's because they tend to believe that there's only ever one type of game that can be successful in any given time period.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

GOWTLOZ said:
CGI-Quality said:

I don't care about EA's quotes. In fact, they're some of the last set of folks I'd listen to. And this being VGC is irrelevant to my point entirely. But, as I noted, believe what you want. This newest release is what it is. 

They have analysts working for them, they know more about the market than any of us. Tell me, if linear games had such high sales potential why do we see such few ones coming out. Developers wouldn't just not serve these people out of spite. There is more to it.

Look at Wolfenstein 2. Fits the bill. Critically acclaimed game but nobody is buying it. ACO and SMO came out the same day and sold millions more. Just so obvious man, if you ignore such evidence there is no point in further discussion.

globalisateur said:
With digital, yes. But I don't think we'll know if it ever sell that much. We don't have the real LTD number for UC4 or any big PS4 Sony games, do we ?

Technically, we don't have LTD's for many games. So, at best, we'll always have to rely on the physical copies that we can track.