By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: God of War PS4 will sell 10M+

I don't think it will hit 10 million at all, there has been very weak advertising for it and hype levels aren't really amazing. We don't even know what kind of game this is, no gameplay or RPG mechanics shown at all, is it an RPG? or a hack and slash? there's barely anything we know about the game and not a lot has been shown.

Plus if RDR2 does indeed keep its planned release window of spring 2018 i.e. by the end of this fiscal year then GOW will at best have only a month to really have a go at boosting its numbers until RDR2 basically takes over all gaming media and buzz for probably all of 2018.

My prediction is 5 million.

Around the Network

No, I don't think so. Maybe 7-8m LT, 2-2.5m FM.

adisababa said:
I don't think it will hit 10 million at all, there has been very weak advertising for it and hype levels aren't really amazing. We don't even know what kind of game this is, no gameplay or RPG mechanics shown at all, is it an RPG? or a hack and slash? there's barely anything we know about the game and not a lot has been shown.

Plus if RDR2 does indeed keep its planned release window of spring 2018 i.e. by the end of this fiscal year then GOW will at best have only a month to really have a go at boosting its numbers until RDR2 basically takes over all gaming media and buzz for probably all of 2018.

Aside from hype, wich I dont think is easy to show, you just described the state of red dead, but worst is that it doesn't even have a release date.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

adisababa said:

How are you gauging the bold?

Why are people bringing up Horizon sales? How are that games sales relevant to GoW4 sales?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

While God of war was one of the big exclusives in PS2 and early PS3 era, it's not as big as uncharted is today. Gow 3 is about 8 years ago, that's a huge time gap.

Would say 6 million is possible, but it won't reach 10.

5-6m easily. I would put it at 8m after bundling.

Accession did poorly because like GT it was released at the end of the PS3's life and was Sony showing support for that console.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I think GOW will fall in the 7-8 million range and can potentially sell higher if the reception is exceptional.

I can see it selling over 10m, but I would put it 7-8m which would be great as well.

I like wild predictions.. this seems like a reach though.