By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Dragon Age game will be a "live" game

Nautilus said:

EA strikes again.I already consider Bioware dead at this point.Its a shame really.

Anyways, by "live" it seems that the next Dragon Age story will be an ongoing experience, in the sense that the story will be updated regulary.In another words, a game as a service game.Even on single player focused games, EA tries to push this bullshit practice.It may be mean to say this, but I hope this approach fails, at least as far as single player games are concerned.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/25/next-dragon-age-will-be-a-live-game

Man.... I rather enjoy Dragon Age games... this sucks.

EA seriously wtf you ruining so many games! >_>

Around the Network

The only way I see this working is if it becomes something like FFXIV and goes MMO. Street Fighter 5 tried something like this and we all know how that worked out...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

And EA keep on digging Bioware's grave. The best we can hope for now is a decent tombstone at least.

Shiken said:
The only way I see this working is if it becomes something like FFXIV and goes MMO. Street Fighter 5 tried something like this and we all know how that worked out...

^ this.

Im not a fan of launching games, where their missing tons of stuff, but then updateing them slowly with more and more content.
I rather they do the entire game and sell it as such.

Zoombael said:

A "Live" game?

How about a "great" game?

They have not figured out how to make one since Origins.

Around the Network

Not really surprising, but doesn't have to be bad either.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.