By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragonball FighterZ 88 on MC. First Dragonball game to ever score above 80.

Nice to hear it. It was expected though, Arc System Works is pretty good at what they do.

Around the Network

Meta: 88 worldwide. This game is soooooooo awesome guys < 3

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 24 January 2018

Decided to look up metacritic scores and I couldn't believe what I saw.

Legacy of Goku for the GBA has a 53?? Whaaaaaat? It's a solid game! Wtf!

A big part of it is that even when the games are really good, like Budokai 3 or the Wii Tenkaichi games, they still appeal primarily to Dragonball fans, and anyone who isn't already a fan is going to rate them much lower by default because they have 0 interest in the characters or the premise. It's like if someone who thought Mario and Kirby were stupid kids stuff reviewed Super Smash Brothers. He's going to rate it lower than the Mario or Kirby fan. So the games end up perhaps overrated by fans and underrated by everyone else.

Honestly, I'm more shocked at this game's high rating than past low ratings for good games.

Budokai 3 and Xenoverse 2 shouldn’t be below eighty. That’s ridiculous

Around the Network

Budokai 3 was awesome back in the day. Legacy of Goku 2 was one of the best I played on GBA.

OT: FighterZ is looking solid for rating.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Weren't reviewers more harsh back in the day? Very impressive scores for Dragon Ball FighterZ though.

Character "Android 21" for the Game is by Akira Toriyama :) Thats cool.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 24 January 2018

cant wait to play this..the metascore is meh as after ps2 gen reviewers started handing out high scores to games like candy

Baddman said:
cant wait to play this..

i understand you :) And very cool: in reviews i read sometimes that the "mega-techniques" are better / more beautiful than in the anime. Its a good time for dbz-fans and fighting-games players. The developers deserve success for the good work :)