By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK software sales - Week Ending 20 January 2018

Suprised to see MK8 and Botw chart so high and beat out SMO.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:

Well it was the same last week after all, so I guess British gamers enjoy Mario Kart and Zelda more than 3D Mario.

What’s up with Zelda BotW? It’s moving up instead of down. Those are some sexy legs.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Teeqoz said:
Nogamez said:

Well it was the same last week after all, so I guess British gamers enjoy Mario Kart and Zelda more than 3D Mario.

Ok. Still with SMO so much newer im still suprised BotW is above it.

xMetroid said:
The resurgence of the Switch is happening.
I swear Zelda was like number 20 a few weeks ago

Zelda @ 35, MK8D @ 23. 

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p%2Fsoftware%2Fuk%2Farchive%2Findex_test.jsp&ct=110032&arch=t&lyr=2017&year=2017&week=47

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
xMetroid said:
The resurgence of the Switch is happening.
I swear Zelda was like number 20 a few weeks ago

Zelda @ 35, MK8D @ 23. 

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p%2Fsoftware%2Fuk%2Farchive%2Findex_test.jsp&ct=110032&arch=t&lyr=2017&year=2017&week=47

Oh thanks ! And jeez that's crazy. Maybe the Switch is starting to get a little more popular in the UK. Would be great since its one of the only place in Europe where it's not doing so well

That's actually a pretty good debut for Digimon. The first game ranked lower first week, IIRC.

Does SMO still have shortages?

newwil7l said:
Does SMO still have shortages?

Some stock shortages likely played a part most notably Amazon has been struggling with it and my local GAME store never has it in stock but whether thats just mine or if it is quite widespread I can't say.

Mar1217 said:
Woah. Talk about a surprising week for Ninty in their worst European territory ... Great !

It's not Nintendo's worst European market. Probably their weakest major European territory but it's my belief that Nintendo's weakest European territories are the smaller ones.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!