By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Awesome Zelda Cosplays

That Mipha is impressive. And yeah making a lifesize KoRL boat is as well! Link's cap in those cosplay costumes is always off though.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
S.Peelman said:
That Mipha is impressive. And yeah making a lifesize KoRL boat is as well! Link's cap in those cosplay costumes is always off though.

How is it always off?

Link's cap, in a game it's always more fluffy, has more body, thicker and doesn't really hang around so flimsy like that. Or something, I don't know. This a gravity-related problem I guess.

These are nice!

The boat is cool but makes their costumes look average in that photo.

CaptainExplosion said:
Cobretti2 said:
The boat is cool but makes their costumes look average in that photo.

You think the boat can actually go in the water?

Well it would float for how long I don't know. With a person not sure. This is assuming the boat has a floor to it too and not just a frame. It would have a hole in it so a person can walk around in it and pretend they are sailing.

Lets assume it has a floor.

Looks like Paper Mache with a wire frame inside maybe as it seems to be able to support a person sitting there.

At best it could be fibre glass (those sheets you can use to form objects with), but that wouldn't be cheap to make, and based on their costume it leads me towards Paper Mache lol.

Around the Network

Wow, a lot of effort put into these. Good stuff. Especially love the King of Red Lions boat, of course.

I don't know why but women cosplaying link just look terrible to me. I only see a woman while i'm supposed to imagine Link. People say Link has female features, but I disagree, he has some masculine features and it's missing in the cosplays.

CaptainExplosion said:
Cobretti2 said:

Well it would float for how long I don't know. With a person not sure. This is assuming the boat has a floor to it too and not just a frame. It would have a hole in it so a person can walk around in it and pretend they are sailing.

Lets assume it has a floor.

Looks like Paper Mache with a wire frame inside maybe as it seems to be able to support a person sitting there.

At best it could be fibre glass (those sheets you can use to form objects with), but that wouldn't be cheap to make, and based on their costume it leads me towards Paper Mache lol.

Now I want to see someone make a King of Red Lions that you can actually travel in water with. XD

OTBWY said:
I don't know why but women cosplaying link just look terrible to me. I only see a woman while i'm supposed to imagine Link. People say Link has female features, but I disagree, he has some masculine features and it's missing in the cosplays.

I thought those were young men cosplaying as Link.

I got an eye for it :)

Very good costumes.

Came across these guys earlier this month:

It looks like they did a fun and respectable job.