By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VR is not a gimmick!

A 'gimmick' by definition is something that's only there to serve as a lure. 3D on the 3DS or 3D TV's or add-ons like steering wheels are gimmicks. In it's current state I'd say VR is a gimmick.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 21 January 2018

Around the Network
habam said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Prove it. Most people would be 3.8 billion (or more) people. So prove it. Prove that you've found 3.8 billion people that think VR is better than other types of gaming.

1. There are 7 bio people on this world

2. Most of these havnt used vr yet. But if we look at what the ones that have already tried it think about vr, we cann (by using basic logics) assume that the others will likely feel the same. Its called extrapolate, also used in elections and proofed to be pretty accurate.

Bio? Why not bil for billion? Or just b?

And most means more than half, thus 3.8 billion, not all 7.6 billion.

And no, it's called talking out of your arse.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:

Bio? Why not bil for billion? Or just b?

And most means more than half, thus 3.8 billion, not all 7.6 billion.

And no, it's called talking out of your arse.

Where are the videos of people supporting your claims? Why are there just videos of first tryiers thinking VR is the future, but nobody (that actually tried it with proof on video) supports your opinion?

 

Something like this:



habam said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Prove it. Most people would be 3.8 billion (or more) people. So prove it. Prove that you've found 3.8 billion people that think VR is better than other types of gaming.

1. There are 7 bio people on this world

2. Most of these havnt used vr yet. But if we look at what the ones that have already tried it think about vr, we cann (by using basic logics) assume that the others will likely feel the same. Its called extrapolate, also used in elections and proofed to be pretty accurate.

 

If you have expierence of people that tried high end vr and disliked it, share them. Or even better, link me soe "reaction to vr" videos where people put the headset off and say "not that great" or "didnt add anything to the game" or "I wish I could play that game on my tv". Just link me those videos , like I liked here tons of videos proofing the opposite. If its just opinion and both are true, you shouldnt have problems with finding videos about it.

Well I'm one of those who didn't like it. Of course it had that WOW factor for couple of minutes. I bet 3D movies were The same when people saw them for the first time.

 

Fact is most people would find VR gaming for nolife nerds😂



KiigelHeart said:

Well I'm one of those who didn't like it. Of course it had that WOW factor for couple of minutes. I bet 3D movies were The same when people saw them for the first time.

What device have you used? What games? What did you liked and what did you disliked?

KiigelHeart said: 

Fact is most people would find VR gaming for nolife nerds😂

Yeah same is said about regular gaming scince ages.



Around the Network
habam said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Bio? Why not bil for billion? Or just b?

And most means more than half, thus 3.8 billion, not all 7.6 billion.

And no, it's called talking out of your arse.

Where are the videos of people supporting your claims? Why are there just videos of first tryiers thinking VR is the future, but nobody (that actually tried it with proof on video) supports your opinion?

 

I'm not the one trying to present my opinion as an objective fact. I don't need anybody or anything to support my opinion because I never claimed it to be anything more than my opinion in the first place...



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
habam said:

Where are the videos of people supporting your claims? Why are there just videos of first tryiers thinking VR is the future, but nobody (that actually tried it with proof on video) supports your opinion?

 

I'm not the one trying to present my opinion as an objective fact. I don't need anybody or anything to support my opinion because I never claimed it to be anything more than my opinion in the first place...

So if I say the Nintendo Switch has better graphics then the Xbox One X anybody that want to disagree to me have to ask at least 3,8 bio people if they think the same?



habam said:
KiigelHeart said:

Well I'm one of those who didn't like it. Of course it had that WOW factor for couple of minutes. I bet 3D movies were The same when people saw them for the first time.

What device have you used? What games? What did you liked and what did you disliked?

KiigelHeart said: 

Fact is most people would find VR gaming for nolife nerds😂

Yeah same is said about regular gaming scince ages.

HTC Vive, it had plenty of different games and some rollercoaster demo etc. Some action games, scary games and exploration. I mean it was cool for a while but that's it. Using a headset got annoying quickly and some extra immersion isn't worth it. And I couldn't see My surroundings which was disturbing. It's actually creepy to think one day My kids spending their day wearing these headsets. 



KiigelHeart said:

HTC Vive, it had plenty of different games and some rollercoaster demo etc. Some action games, scary games and exploration. I mean it was cool for a while but that's it. Using a headset got annoying quickly and some extra immersion isn't worth it. And I couldn't see My surroundings which was disturbing. It's actually creepy to think one day My kids spending their day wearing these headsets. 

Well the Vive is the most unfortable from the big 3 but alright, might not be for you in that case.

Do you know the book/upcoming movie "Ready Player Once". Possible our future is like that lol:D



habam said:

 

Well AR definitly has some potenial for production and stuff (so workers see their instruductions all the time and that stuff) but its hard to implement in gaming. Pokemon GO was a cool idea but thats basically already where the technology ends (though doing it with glasses instead if phones would be better).

 

I also dont think that most gamers wont enjoy VR or wont think its the best way to play games. Its more a fact that (with current low sales) many people just havnt tried it yet. There may be 30, 40 mio people that actually got the chance to try it so far. Thats basically it.

If you see people reacting to VR, in most cases they are blown away and find it far more enjoyable then watching stuff just on a tv.

That's a bit of a tongue tie with the way you started it out. There are 7+ billion people on the planet, while VR has been a thing since the late 80's and during the 90's. It didn't really take off much back then and it's been around once more over the past 4-5 years, with it still being rather small, despite the fact that marketing has become far more clear in displaying the devices and titles for them, when comparing it to 80/90's marketing.

I've done my research, I've seen the people blown away by VR and I've also seen those who just aren't interested in it. People will play games the way they want to play them. 


AR still has a ways to go, but so does VR. I think both can do well with gaming, rather than a sect line of thinking, in that VR>AR with gaming and that AR should only be a part of the work/entertainment space. 

John2290 said:

Absolutely, AR is amazing, especially the Magic leap however they AR and VR are starting at two completely different ends of the spectrum. AR will be mainly focused at productivity and that's where it will shine. These two will merge but for now we have VR focused at gaming and media. Both will benefit each other in software and hardware, I think the industry is trying to move away from the "Virtual reality" and attempting to move it to "Mixed reality". Man, that magic leap is some piece of tech though, mind blowing stuff if what they say is true. Perhaps VR headset will be able to utilize this tech with artificial light vastly reducing the size of headsets to something more resembling a ski mask or perhaps sunglasses. 

Again, that line of thinking is rather narrow minded and not looking at where said tech can go to and from. 3 of you on this site think it belongs in only one spectrum, while the same 3 of you think VR belongs in every spectrum known to man. It ends up showing bias, that you'd rather one side apply to all, with the other being incredibly limited, simply because you cannot see the bigger picture.