By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA announces House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn for Arcades!

House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn announced for arcades

SEGA Interactive has just announced House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn for arcades. They have confirmed that there will be location testing from January 19 to the 21st at SEGA Akihabara Building 3 in Tokyo, Japan.

This release will mark a return of the franchise to the Arcades, the last main entry being The House of the Dead 4 back in 2005. In 2009 we got the console exclusive The House of the Dead: Overkill, which was mean’t to be a prequel and had a different take on the series.

House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn is confirmed to be running on Unreal Engine 4 and has confirmed it will get a theater-style deluxe arcade cabinet which will have vibrating seats. The cabinet will also use motion sensors. Who knows, maybe if VR catches on, SEGA can have a easy port on their hands.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Already a thread for this.

Yours is boring and Lazy

PC port that allows me to play using my keyboard, pl0x.

Xen said:

We need a new Typing of the Dead! Complete with multiple languages and silly voice acting!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

PSVR port incoming

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Xen said:

We need a new Typing of the Dead! Complete with multiple languages and silly voice acting!

Hell yeah we do.

Reload...Reload...Reload! Looking forward to this.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Niiiice! Get me some Switch pointer (or Gyro) controls and I'm on it. House of the Dead with a thumbstick is just garbage. Loved House of the Dead 2 on Dreamcast (with Light Gun), and also enjoyed the Wii games immensely.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Heavenly_King said:
PSVR port incoming

Normally this would be a no brainer, but its SEGA -_-