By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS just had its best month of sales since late 2014! What does this mean for its future?

Another 2D Metroid.

Around the Network

It's impressive, but I see no change in Nintendo's plans. They have already put all of their resources into developing for the Switch. Had we not heard the announcement that the next main series Pokemon game will be on the Switch, then I'd say there is a chance for another handheld system. Besides we've already seen Nintendo struggle to develop for 2 platforms at once.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Would be crazy if it could manage to outsell the GBA lifetime.

I mean if vita still exists with what it sells so 3ds will continue to sell and be there regardless of first party support

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Nem said:
I still think they are crazy if they don't make a sucessor, even if it's the switch mini-portable.

The portable market has always been an anchor for Nintendo. The home market is a hit and miss. The switch is this mixed hybrid that atempts to merge them both, but if the next system doesn't do the same and is a miss, it will be more dramatic than the Wii U.

In short, Nintendo is betting all their eggs in one basket, while before they had 2. It's extremely risky, and they need to reduce that risk imo.

I just don't see how they can make a successor (aside from a possible Switch mini) without screwing the Switch over.