By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Cryptocurrency is crashing, are you in or out?

I'm Hodling, seen this before. Usual january dip.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
I hope it all crashes and burns so that GPU pricing can go back to normal.

They'll all gonna go back to be sold to Minecraft players anyway. No price drops in sight.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

WolfpackN64 said:
I hope it all crashes and burns so that GPU pricing can go back to normal.

I came here to say this. Shit is getting ridiculous.

spurgeonryan said:
Now I am nervous. Going back up sooner than I hoped and I am still waiting for my tax return so I too can get rich quick. Fucking Bitcoin.....and Ripple.

Dealing with stocks is a tricky thing. There are fees for selling and trading stock, going in on stocks with small fluctuations with the thought of "keep buying when it's low and keep selling when it's high" isn't going to get you anywhere really, it certainly won't make you rich. Crypto currency as it is with low gains for a month and then crashing is not a smart investment. If you think it is gonna take off though, and are willing to keep money invested in it until it does explode is the only way your gonna make any real money. 

spurgeonryan said:
bigtakilla said:

Dealing with stocks is a tricky thing. There are fees for selling and trading stock, going in on stocks with small fluctuations with the thought of "keep buying when it's low and keep selling when it's high" isn't going to get you anywhere really, it certainly won't make you rich. Crypto currency as it is with low gains for a month and then crashing is not a smart investment. If you think it is gonna take off though, and are willing to keep money invested in it until it does explode is the only way your gonna make any real money. 

I do not need to get rich, but doubling up or tripling up on my tax return would be nice. Will have to see what I am truly willing to do when I get it and then see where everything is at. Usually just chicken out and end up missing out.

it's harder than you think to even do that. I'm not saying don't invest for sure, but do some research and know what it's gonna cost to get you in, to get you out, and whether that stock has the potential to make you any money whatsoever. I have a friend that invested in cryptocurrency in Dec of last year, and he still will not make any money if he gets out. (granted its ripple and did not take off like bitcoin, but the bitcoin boom may have ended. 

Around the Network

I´m still out. Cryptocurrencies are popping-up all around the world now. It´s hard to tell which one will hold its value

bigtakilla said:
spurgeonryan said:

I do not need to get rich, but doubling up or tripling up on my tax return would be nice. Will have to see what I am truly willing to do when I get it and then see where everything is at. Usually just chicken out and end up missing out.

it's harder than you think to even do that. I'm not saying don't invest for sure, but do some research and know what it's gonna cost to get you in, to get you out, and whether that stock has the potential to make you any money whatsoever. I have a friend that invested in cryptocurrency in Dec of last year, and he still will not make any money if he gets out. (granted its ripple and did not take off like bitcoin, but the bitcoin boom may have ended. 

I am confused by this post, you do realise ripple is up exponentially more in the last 12 months than bitcoin, hell even in the last month it is up way more than bitcoin. you could buy ripple for 24 cents near the start of December 2017, it is currently around the $2 mark even after the crash. so unless you mean he was dumb and brought in at the stupid prices late December he should have made 10 fold on his investment easily.

No, it's not crashing. Just keep mining and hold on to it. It's the best way to fight back at those on wall street.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 18 January 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
OdinHades said:
I mined 1.6 Bitcoins way back before it was cool.

But I forgot the password for my wallet, lol. I don't even know if my coins are worth anything or if they are Part of some fork that nobody uses anymore or something. I'm Not really into all that stuff. I just tried it out because I had a beefy PC and way too much time on my hands.

You have almost €11.000 worth of coins in that wallet then, at this moment. Might be worth it to see if you can access them...

Bitcoin, its now the time to buy

Not