By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you like Dark Souls and are a multiconsole owner with a Switch, portability or 60fps?

deskpro2k3 said:
Miyamotoo said:

"buy your point same games with better performance/graphics automatically need to means higher price for those games, while lower performance/graphics lower price point, which is ridiculous to think."

I know right, so ridiculous. I can find more, but you can do that on your own.

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-persona+5,28zu0

Ofcourse its ridiculous, few examples dont change fact that over 90% games have same price point over all current platforms. Talking about Persona specifkly, games that are released last gen and curent gen also, can have lower price point compared to curent gen game beacuse they are last gen and sales on last gen are much lower compared to curent gens, so sometime they have lower price point so more people would buy them. Fact is that regular price point for AAA game on Wii/PS3/360/WiiU was $60, now its same price point for PS4/XB1/Switch. Again, with your point on mind, why same games on XB1 dont have lower price point compared to PS4, or why same games on Pro/X dont have higher price point compared to PS4/XB1,  simple beacuse graphics/performance of multiplatform games never effects on price point of those games.

LuccaCardoso1 said: 
deskpro2k3 said: 

I know right, so ridiculous. I can find more, but you can do that on your own.

You could also say that games on the Switch should be more expensive since you're basically paying for two versions of the game.

Nah, he totally ignoring fact that with Switch you get full home console game and full handheld game in one pack with each game. He even tried comparing Switch game price point to Vita/Vita TV, lol.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 22 January 2018

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You could also say that games on the Switch should be more expensive since you're basically paying for two versions of the game.

Switch versions of games are more expensive, but not for the reason that you think.

Miyamotoo said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Ofcourse its ridiculous, few examples dont change fact that over 90% games have same price point over all current platforms. Talking about Persona specifkly, games that are released last gen and curent gen also, can have lower price point compared to curent gen game beacuse they are last gen and sales on last gen are much lower compared to curent gens, so sometime they have lower price point so more people would buy them. Fact is that regular price point for AAA game on Wii/PS3/360/WiiU was $60, now its same price point for PS4/XB1/Switch. Again, with your point on mind, why same games on XB1 dont have lower price point compared to PS4, or why same games on Pro/X dont have higher price point compared to PS4/XB1,  simple beacuse graphics/performance of multiplatform games never effects on price point of those games.

Nah, he totally ignoring fact that with Switch you get full home console game and full handheld game in one pack with each game. He even tried comparing Switch game price point to Vita/Vita TV, lol.

Puyo Puyo Tetris. On PS4 the game costs $29.99, but on Switch it's $39.99.

Rime. on Switch cost $40, compared to $30 for the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

Since I'm the only one posting irrefutable factual evidence here, let me just say no one else cared to consider the cost of a cartridge. Blu-Ray discs has quite a bit of production hubs you can get it done by, but proprietary production factories for cartridges are not so common.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 22 January 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I genuinely don’t give a a toss about playing video games outdoors or away from my 55 inch TV in my room where I can chill out and play.
So PS4 version for me IF I had to choose, but I don’t have to choose because I’m not getting it. I’ve already bought it once and finished it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

deskpro2k3 said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Switch versions of games are more expensive, but not for the reason that you think.

Miyamotoo said:

Since I'm the only one posting irrefutable factual evidence here, let me just say no one else cared to consider the cost of a cartridge. Blu-Ray discs has quite a bit of production hubs you can get it done by, but proprietary production factories for cartridges are not so common.

But what exactly few of your examples proof, you do realise that all you are examples are exceptions!? Are you really trying to say that games for Switch would had lower price point than PS4/XB1 if Switch games are not or cartridges!? Talking about price of cartridges (flash memory), Vita/3DS games are on cartridges and their price point is $40 compared to $60 on home consoles.

Like wrote, fact is that regular price point for AAA game on Wii/PS3/360/WiiU was $60, now its same price point for PS4/XB1/Switch. Again, with your point on mind, why same games on XB1 dont have lower price point compared to PS4, or why same games on Pro/X dont have higher price point compared to PS4/XB1,  simple beacuse graphics/performance of multiplatform games never effects on price point of those games.

Miyamotoo said:
deskpro2k3 said:

But what exactly few of your examples proof, you do realise that all you are examples are exceptions!? Are you really trying to say that games for Switch would had lower price point than PS4/XB1 if Switch games are not or cartridges!? Talking about price of cartridges (flash memory), Vita/3DS games are on cartridges and their price point is $40 compared to $60 on home consoles.

Like wrote, fact is that regular price point for AAA game on Wii/PS3/360/WiiU was $60, now its same price point for PS4/XB1/Switch. Again, with your point on mind, why same games on XB1 dont have lower price point compared to PS4, or why same games on Pro/X dont have higher price point compared to PS4/XB1,  simple beacuse graphics/performance of multiplatform games never effects on price point of those games.

omg enough with your whataboutism. You'll never see a Vita game cost as much or more than a home console game.

Pro/X consoles itself cost more than the original PS4/XB1 consoles.. I already explained this.

I think we reach full circle here, you can find my points backed up with facts in later posts.

/end

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 22 January 2018

Around the Network

With remote play on Vita we could get both though. 60fps + portability (assuming WIFI Internet is good enough).

As far as i am concerned there are only 2 platforms here. Switch or PC. Why anyone would get this for the consoles is beyond me, unless its really really cheap.

@ the guy that said remote play... just stop its freaking terrible, it will never be as good as steam link, which is also terrible.

PS4 because portability isn't something i care about or even use, and also because of trophies.

Edit: OP should have added a poll...

deskpro2k3 said:
Miyamotoo said:

omg enough with your whataboutism. You'll never see a Vita game cost as much or more than a home console game.

Pro/X consoles itself cost more than the original PS4/XB1 consoles.. I already explained this.

I think we reach full circle here, you can find my points backed up with facts in later posts.

/end

But why would on earth Vita game cost more than home console game when Vita is just a handheld and price point of big Vita games is $40 same like it is for 3DSnot $60 like its case for XB1/PS4/Switch!?

Again poing that dont make any sense, price point of hardware dont have anuthing with price point of games, Switch has same price point like XB1/PS4, Wii had much lower price point than PS3 and also had same price point of $60 for games.

Basically everything you wrote is wrong and don't make any sense, few examples that are exceptions dont change nothing.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 23 January 2018

Miyamotoo said:
deskpro2k3 said:

/end

But why would on earth Vita game cost more than home console game when Vita is just a handheld and price point of big Vita games is $40 same like it is for 3DSnot $60 like its case for XB1/PS4/Switch!?

Again poing that dont make any sense, price point of hardware dont have anuthing with price point of games, Switch has same price point like XB1/PS4, Wii had much lower price point than PS3 and also had same price point of $60 for games.

Basically everything you wrote is wrong and don't make any sense, few examples that are exceptions dont change nothing.

Well I'm just going to say it doesn't make sense to you because you don't understand. Even with irrefutable factual evidence.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 28 January 2018