By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Duke controller price tag

The Duke, the original Xbox controller remake by Huperkin just got a release date and a price tag of $70. Whaaaat? $70 for that piece of crap? Are they out of their minds? Anyway here's the link, comment what you think about this. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-duke-og-xbox-controller-for-xbox-one-and-pc-ge/1100-6456091/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_content=5a59d8ac4b7385000724d210&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Around the Network

Seems reasonable as it is a niche product.

green_sky said:
Seems reasonable as it is a niche product.

I disagree, they are just relying on nostalgia here, the controller always was crappy. I owned one when it got out. $70 is just too much for such a bad product. But, people will fall for it and buy it.

$70 is pretty standard for controllers these days (sadly), give all the work they put into it like the original xbox boot animation in the center. I think it's a fair price... Just wish it was the controller S and not the duke

Wait, it has right/left bumpers? Not a faithful recreation! Blasphemy!

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Wait, it has right/left bumpers? Not a faithful recreation! Blasphemy!

lol

Enthusiast, niche controllers and such are generally fairly pricey, especially as they aren't benefiting from the economy of scale in their comparatively low production run while also benefiting from a lack of alternatives. $70 really isn't that crazy, and thankfully there's far cheaper options for original controllers on eBay if that's too pricey.

If they ever made more Hori Pad controllers for the N64 I'd gladly buy a few at $70 each heh, but I don't much understand the appeal of this controller.

This thing is wired only?

The Switch Pro controller costs 69€ where I live. Controllers are absurdly expensive nowadays, it's the norm, sadly. No wonder knock-off controllers sell so well. Now if they allowed gyro aiming...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
The Switch Pro controller costs 69€ where I live. Controllers are absurdly expensive nowadays, it's the norm, sadly. No wonder knock-off controllers sell so well. Now if they allowed gyro aiming...

Yeah but I can justify the $70 price tag of the Pro Controller. It's wireless, super comfortable, has gyros, nfc and it is a new design the duke is so bad that Microsoft dropped it shortly after it was released 20 years ago.