By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Meat Boy first day sales on Switch “shockingly close” to original X360 debut

the game isn't in the top 15 best sellers of Eshop USA yet, the growth of sales in the eshop is a bit scary.. i guess :P

Switch has been around for almost a year now. Over the past several months, many indie developers have stepped forward to share their success stories on the console. In a bunch of instances, Switch sales have even outperformed other platforms.

Super Meat Boy is one of the latest high-profile indie titles to hit Switch. And like some of those other titles we’ve been hearing about, it has also found success on Nintendo’s console.

Team Meat just shared the following on Twitter:

Source 1Source 2 and Source 3

Last edited by Shikamo - on 12 January 2018

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

'Imma buy @notch's house' XD

Not sure if Tommy runs the Team Meat account, but this was hilarious. Glad the game is doing well.

Nintendo Superior, Nintendo Superior

No Indie should be without it.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

If it weren't for the fact the Switch version has the inferior soundtrack, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but alas...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

*looks at gameplay footage*
*wonders why it even sold on the X360, let alone now*
*steps out to avoid the flames*

Around the Network

I've been buying a lot of indie stuff on the Switch. The two are such a perfect fit.

Xen said:

If you like a challenge, it's your type of game.

BTW, is it okay now to post tweets?

So if it had the 360's sales circa 2010 it would have sold more?

Well deserved. It's a great game. And it's always nice to read news about indie developers finding a good environment in the Nintendo ecosystem.

mZuzek said:
Xen said:

Because it's a basic 2D platformer, and as most, it's a lot more fun to play than to watch (as should any game).

Basic it is indeed! I know it's difficult to argue about tastes, but in a world with Mario, Megaman, Shovel Knight etc, the only niche this fills, IMO, is the one with "be super precise or die" as its name.

KLAMarine said:

I've been buying a lot of indie stuff on the Switch. The two are such a perfect fit.

Xen said:

If you like a challenge, it's your type of game.

I do like a challenge indeed, but I find it so off-putting visually that I cannot imagine myself playing it.