By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Music genres you want to see more in games?

After looking in the DB Fighters Z Hit trailer, I realized I would really enjoy more jazz in games. Fighting games may give a lot of love for this genre throughout the decades, but I'm coming to realize Jazz mixes surprisingly well for not only fighting games, but potentially actions games. So is there any music genres you would be love to hear more in games? Why?

Around the Network

I am not sure about music genres I want represented in games.
I would, however: love to see a AAA publisher attempt to produce a video game musical.

caffeinade said:
I would, however: love to see a AAA publisher attempt to produce a video game musical.

I've thought about this before as well and would like to see that just out of curiosity of how that would go. Like, imagine something like a classic Disney movie that has singing moments included in cutscenes or something like that. I think the closest there has ever been to that was this from Saints Row Gat Outta Hell as far as I know:

FloatingWaffles said:
caffeinade said:

I've thought about this before as well and would like to see that just out of curiosity of how that would go. Like, imagine something like a classic Disney movie that has singing moments included in cutscenes or something like that. I think the closest there has ever been to that was this from Saints Row Gat Outta Hell as far as I know:

Nah, it all has to be gameplay.
There needs to be player agency.

Opera.

I'm thinking specifically about the ghost boss in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.