By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Dev The Coalition is Working on a New Xbox IP With Storylab Productions

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

Well you are right... perhaps the "finally" was pushing it. I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just happy that the studio was free to work on a new IP, but seems like it was fake (at least seeing the reply I received)

I get the impression The Coalition is a studio that also exist to help development of projects more technically than creatively.

MS uses UE for a lot of projects and I'm sure that will continue. Gears 4 happens to be a technical achievement for X1 and UE4.

I see, so you think they will make things like SSM and some ND, supporting smaller devs to make good games advising them technically?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

Well you are right... perhaps the "finally" was pushing it. I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just happy that the studio was free to work on a new IP, but seems like it was fake (at least seeing the reply I received)

I get the impression The Coalition is a studio that also exist to help development of projects more technically than creatively.

MS uses UE for a lot of projects and I'm sure that will continue. Gears 4 happens to be a technical achievement for X1 and UE4.

What The Coalition can do with the Unreal Engine is amazing, could even argue they are probably the best developer outside of EPIC Games when it comes to using Unreal Engine. - No wonder Microsoft leveraged them to assist with PUBG.

There is a ton of talent at that Studio, Microsoft would be insane not to leverage that at every opportunity.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I think they did a poor job with Gears 4. I still play Gears 3 online. Way better.

foodfather said:

I think they did a poor job with Gears 4. I still play Gears 3 online. Way better.

Well to each their own I guess. Gears 4 versus is the best imo. 60fps, most balanced and today there's plenty of maps and characters. As much as I loved Gears 3 I tried to play it in the summer and no. Maps are still great.

edit. And of course Digger was a beast of a weapon. Dropshot is as cool too but I wish we'd have then both.