By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart - DECEMBER 9TH 2017

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

I think the tracking is a bit off in some places.

(...)

VGC had Europe consistently at twice the sales of Rest of the World which doesn't make much sense. Switch didn't launch in South Korea and Taiwan until December, so Australia and presumably South America are the only regions that can count towards Rest of the World. The share of RotW is disproportionally high, so Europe looks worse than it really is.

Sounds about right, RotW is overtracked while Europe is undertracked.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Guess it was too much to hope the Switch could pull 1 million weeks in it's first year. After checking even the Wii didn't do that.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Guess it was too much to hope the Switch could pull 1 million weeks in it's first year. After checking even the Wii didn't do that.

Just you wait. There are still 3 more weeks to come and sales should inflate :)

3DS did 3 weeks above 1M in its first year.

GuyDuke said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Just you wait. There are still 3 more weeks to come and sales should inflate :)

3DS did 3 weeks above 1M in its first year.

True, guess I was just expecting it to have happened already. 

And then it only peaks at 999,999. D:

CGI-Quality said:
quickrick said:

nope switch is not a fad. its built on concept that has sold for many generations, console and handheld gaming combined. motion controls were a fad, wii and kinect were fads, and can't even sell 2 million consoles anymore based on those motion controlled games that were driving insane sales. i don't see how ps1 was anomaly, it's what people wanted and it's successor sold way more. 

Do you know what an anomaly is? Abnormal. Consoles selling like the PS1 began with the PS1. 

Next, so now that we've established that the Switch isn't a "fad", I've still yet to hear from you why it can't outsell the PS4 in the US, nor how the GameCube/Wii U play a part in determining why the Switch will, as you've so eloquently put it, "fall off a cliff".

because basically i haven't seen a nintendo console sell on the power of nintedo games alone amazing in the US. except for the DS, which i already gave good reasons why it will never happen again due to mobile tech where it is now. nintedo first party just doesn't have the mass appeal to get them over 30 million in the US, out of there 4 home consoles, only the one with motion controls did amazing. thats why i believe switch doesnt have a chance to out sell ps4.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

because basically i haven't seen a nintendo console sell on the power of nintedo games alone amazing in the US. except for the DS, which i already gave good reasons why it will never happen again due to mobile tech where it is now. nintedo first party just doesn't have the mass appeal to get them over 30 million in the US, out of there 4 home consoles, only the one with motion controls did amazing. thats why i believe switch doesnt have a chance to out sell ps4.

Nintendo has had four home consoles?

since the 3D era. when playstation started to dominate the market.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

I think the tracking is a bit off in some places.

(...)

VGC had Europe consistently at twice the sales of Rest of the World which doesn't make much sense. Switch didn't launch in South Korea and Taiwan until December, so Australia and presumably South America are the only regions that can count towards Rest of the World. The share of RotW is disproportionally high, so Europe looks worse than it really is.

I think Switch also released in Saudi Arabia and definitely Hong Kong. Maybe some other Middle Eastern countries, and does VGC count Russia as Europe? I would assume it does, but honestly dont know.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Difference between last year and This year on the same week is that last year the PS4 had Final Fantasy XV effect whilst this year it didn't had any major game and no discounts.

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

since the 3D era. when playstation started to dominate the market.

Why do the previous ones not count? And why do the N64, GC and Wii U get so much weight in your argument when it's already clear that there are little to no parallels between them and Switch?

nes and super nes were the playstation of the 2d consoles. the entire industry was making games for them, that changed with the n64 and  third party support stayed weak since then. N64 started out super strong and so is switch in the US, i don't see why its such a huge difference.

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

Why do the previous ones not count? And why do the N64, GC and Wii U get so much weight in your argument when it's already clear that there are little to no parallels between them and Switch?

nes and super nes were the playstation of the 2d consoles. the entire industry was making games for them, that changed with the n64 and  third party support stayed weak since then. N64 started out super strong and so is switch in the US, i don't see why its such a huge difference.

You do realize Switch is heavily outpacing N64 in the US, right?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.