By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart - DECEMBER 9TH 2017

Switch reached 10 million !

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
While Switch isn't doing BAD in Europe, it certainly can do a lot better. Japan and NA are absolutely gobbling up the Switch

Yea, Nintendo consoles are known to pick up in Europe later on. It will probably be bigger this year. I don't think it could do worst :p

And we will probably get numbers soon from Nintendo. Hopefully they will have the entire number and a date this time lol.

So... has Switch passed PS4 in launches aligned sales?

PS4 is a Monster :)

Intrinsic said:
xMetroid said:
PS4 is in it's peak. Switch is still outselling the first 2 Christmas the PS4. It will be bigger next year with bundles and with kids to know it exists.

Thats the difference between a $400 box and a $300.

I am beginning to think this is going to  be the PS4s peak year though... don't see how its gonna top this year next year.

My theory is that this increase in PS4's sales is due to the Pro.  I believe this year we are getting new buyers + early adopters updating to Pro.  I'm not sure if next year will be up but I predict that current owners will keep updating, so it should at least be flat year over year.

And I think we're gonna see the same scenario on the MS camp. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
xMetroid said:
PS4 is in it's peak. Switch is still outselling the first 2 Christmas the PS4. It will be bigger next year with bundles and with kids to know it exists.

The peak will happen when the Slim officially drops to $199 sometime this year. This in addition to big titles like God of War and Spider-Man to ensure it remains up YoY.

As for the Switch, it will remain behind worldwide, but will overtake the PS4 in both Japan and the US when all is said and done.

YOU INTRUDED INTO MY POST WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

PS4 is witchcraft. Peaks at $199 is gonna be tuff. Its fitting to sell 4 million in December 2017!

Wasn't Switch supposed to have December in the pack, or at least sell as much as PS4? That was what many here stated. And "only" double the PS4 sales in Japan. Looks like the PS4 can do some "cannibalization" too.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Intrinsic said:
xMetroid said:

Thats the difference between a $400 box and a $300.

I am beginning to think this is going to  be the PS4s peak year though... don't see how its gonna top this year next year.

I understand that with the perfect price. It may be able to accomplish it however with a combination of price and exclusives this year.  

CGI-Quality said:
GuyDuke said:

YOU INTRUDED INTO MY POST WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

Moderators don't need consent. ;P

Besides, it was a code clean up. Trust me, it looks better.

I know, it was a mess. Ty :)