By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Macron Wants To Ban 'Fake News' During Elections

Errorist76 said:
o_O.Q said:

have you realised that i've asked you about 5 times now for an example of one of the russian lies pushed to influence america ( such as the facebook ads you mentioned ) and so far you have not been able to list one?

You’re seriously getting on my nerves. I had posted some links already, here’s another one. Can’t you use Google yourself?!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/14/russia-us-politics-social-media-facebook

i'm just asking for an example of one ad, just one ad

you talked about them so much before that i just figured you'd have at least one to demonstrate them

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
o_O.Q said:

"Well for starters, he wasn't democratically elected. "

the united states is not a democracy... its a republic

"It's the rallying cry of every fascist regime ever. China, Russia, and every other tinpot dictatorship around the world is technically a Republic too ya know?"

the vast majority of people i've seen use this word over the past year or so, do not really understand what it means

ok let me give an example lets say i have a group of 10 people and 6 people (the majority obviously) democratically get to determine what policies the group has to follow... lets say they then decide to silence the opinions of the remaining 4... is this fascism under democracy? or not?

what is the solution to this problem? can you guess?

"Second, his list of travel banned countries was authoritarian. But he's not the only authoritarian president."

how can he be authoritarian towards citizens of other countries? doesn't that only apply to people who are citizens of your own country?

"founding fathers either weren't bright enough to see this or were forced to make a compromise"

the founding fathers were leviathan intelligences and when their gifts are completely thrown away, the consequences for us citizens will be dire

I know you read the bolded. Please don't argue as if you didn't. 

"ok let me give an example lets say i have a group of 10 people and 6 people (the majority obviously) democratically get to determine what policies the group has to follow... lets say they then decide to silence the opinions of the remaining 4... is this fascism under democracy? or not?"

Yes, but banning fake news isn't silencing the opposition in the same way that a fascist regime would do. There's a difference between, "I'm going to fine you if you don't remain as objective and neutral as possible", and "I'm going to throw you in jail if you so much as say anything against the ruling party."

"how can he be authoritarian towards citizens of other countries? doesn't that only apply to people who are citizens of your own country?"

All executive orders are authoritarian. 

"I know you read the bolded. Please don't argue as if you didn't. "

i had to reiterate that america is not a democracy because that is important

"Yes, but banning fake news isn't silencing the opposition in the same way that a fascist regime would do. There's a difference between, "I'm going to fine you if you don't remain as objective and neutral as possible", and "I'm going to throw you in jail if you so much as say anything against the ruling party.""

how do you determine what is fake?

for example, there are people in this thread who have tried to argue that the us invasions of countries like iraq were justified and that is generally considered to be "fact" even though, all evidence contradicts that view, see my earlier posts for examples

secondly are you implying that trump is silencing people that criticise him? examples?

"All executive orders are authoritarian. "

"how can he be authoritarian towards citizens of other countries? doesn't that only apply to people who are citizens of your own country?"

finally i hope you've come to understand that democracy despite what you think actually leads to fascism in some instances and that is why the founding fathers did not make the us a democratic state... IT WAS TO PROTECT US CITIZENS FROM MOB RULE/DEMOCRACY

Errorist76 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Again, some of you should look up what authoritarian means and how that reflects in policies. Comparing him to the likes of hitler only makes it difficult to take you seriously.

You’re right, Hitler was probably more intelligent, thoughtful and mentally stable. It’s unfair towards him.

Projecting the worse of everything on someone just because ya don't like 'em... Have you hear about that gorilla channel story?

The majority of the time, some people don't have the sense to understand  (trolling in general) that Trump likes to troll people to get them to react badly by saying idiotic things or trolling in general. The news and alot of lefties take the bait hook, line and sinker. 

o_O.Q said:
Errorist76 said:

You’re seriously getting on my nerves. I had posted some links already, here’s another one. Can’t you use Google yourself?!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/14/russia-us-politics-social-media-facebook

you talked about them so much before that i just figured you'd have at least one to demonstrate them.

Should I pull one out of my ass, one year after the US election?! Do you even read the articles I post?! I can tell you even today I encounter several of those bots and fake Facebook accounts on news sites worldwide. It’s possible you don’t because you don’t follow those, but I can assure you they are a reality. And I can also assure you the US is using similar measures, as is Erdogan in Turkey, for example. Thousands, probably tens or hundreds of thousands are getting paid for digital warfare and influencing opinions all over this planet, in comment sections, on social media...same is happening for non-political stuff like Amazon ratings, of course.

If you don’t believe that I can’t help you. 

Errorist76 said:
o_O.Q said:

you talked about them so much before that i just figured you'd have at least one to demonstrate them.

Should I pull one out of my ass, one year after the US election?! Do you even read the articles I post?! I can tell you even today I encounter several of those bots and fake Facebook accounts on news sites worldwide. It’s possible you don’t because you don’t follow those, but I can assure you they are a reality. And I can also assure you the US is using similar measures, as is Erdogan in Turkey, for example. Thousands, probably tens or hundreds of thousands are getting paid for digital warfare and influencing opinions all over this planet, in comment sections, on social media...same is happening for non-political stuff like Amazon ratings, of course.

If you don’t believe that I can’t help you. 

ok so you don't have an example? that's all i was asking for, ok, thank you

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Errorist76 said:

You’re right, Hitler was probably more intelligent, thoughtful and mentally stable. It’s unfair towards him.

Projecting the worse of everything on someone just because ya don't like 'em... Have you hear about that gorilla channel story?

The majority of the time, some people don't have the sense to understand  (trolling in general) that Trump likes to troll people to get them to react badly by saying idiotic things or trolling in general. The news and alot of lefties take the bait hook, line and sinker. 

Yeah, that’s definitely what the typical Trump apologist would state about the outrageous stuff this guy says and does on a day by day basis. 

Errorist76 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Yeah, that’s definitely what the typical Trump apologist would state about the outrageous stuff this guy says and does on a day by day basis. 

It's obvious that he trolls the left and the news alot. It works. Earlier this year, Trump retweeted this gif

and cnn lost their shit, saying that trump was advocating for violence against the news or some such nonsense.

Aeolus451 said:
Errorist76 said:

It's obvious that he trolls the left and the news alot. It works. Earlier this year, Trump retweeted this gif

and cnn lost their shit, saying that trump was advocating for violence against the news or some such nonsense.

you forgot to add that CNN doxxed the 15 year old creator of that gif

o_O.Q said:
Aeolus451 said:

I did forget about that. That makes it ten times as worse. They overreacted to a meme....

Aeolus451 said:
o_O.Q said:

I did forget about that. That makes it ten times as worse. They overreacted to a meme....

the ironic thing is that their actions were a lot closer to being fascist at that time than anything i've seen in this thread

over as you've said a silly meme