By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Game of thrones Season 8 is not coming this year.... Whaaat!?

SegataSanshiro said:
ResidentToxy said:

That's what she said.

Sweet! 2005 internet jokes are back! You're the man now dog!

I try.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Knitemare said:

You are missing what will be general culture in a few years!! Fast, go and sit on your couch and jump into the train!

I actually tried getting into it a while back, first season starts way too slow, I know I should have kept with it since Breaking Bad started off really slow too but became one of the best shows ever made lol.

Maybe when the final season is out I'll give it another go, can go start to finish without waiting two years then, lol :P

Thats a good strategy.

Btw, the only reason why I consider Breaking bad better, is, as of today, because Ive seen the finale, and its very good (as the rest of the series). But the moment i see the finale of GoT I think it will be automatically better than Breaking Bad, because knowing the whole story is the reason Breaking Bad is still better for me yet.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

vivster said:
Wait, there are already 7 seasons of this stuff? I'm beginning to think that I might not be able to catch up to it.

There's not alot of episodes in each season so it's fairly easy to burn thru especially if ya like it.

Old news sir, and yes, its horrible.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
People are going to be really angry with this show and the way it will end. I can just feel it.

That has already guaranteed to happen in sub groups.  Many of the old book fans now hate the show after seasons 6 and 7.  In terms of general television audience I think they'll be fine with the television ending given their positive response to seasons 6 and 7.

Nymeria said:
Soundwave said:
People are going to be really angry with this show and the way it will end. I can just feel it.

That has already guaranteed to happen in sub groups.  Many of the old book fans now hate the show after seasons 6 and 7.  In terms of general television audience I think they'll be fine with the television ending given their positive response to seasons 6 and 7.

Why would book fans be unhappy. I can't think of anything that has not happened how most people predicted. The show has changed a few deaths or characters being alive and what not, but for the general main stuff it has all happened pretty predictably. 

My biggest gripe with the show has been that the more it has had the chance to take its own liberties, the more it has fallen into the cliché tv drama. There are just too many moments that feel like fanservice scenes. Like the meeting of all the rulers, where it had all the shows favorites have little convo's while walking. You know Briane and Jaime, Jaime and Tyrian, ect. All the moments where people have been waiting seasons for their reunions. While this may happen in the book, it just came off or was filmed very tv cheesy imo. Felt like it served no purpose other than fanservice. Other cliché tv tropes as well like the wildling dude and briannees budding relationship, ect. While all these scenes are fun, funny, entertaining, ect. taken as a whole it starts to feel different than the prior seasons. More like we are in anime original content versus following the manga type of a situation.

Nymeria said:
Soundwave said:

The television show should be put on hold for at least 5 years so they could feel like we book readers feel

irstupid said:
Nymeria said:

Why would book fans be unhappy. I can't think of anything that has not happened how most people predicted. The show has changed a few deaths or characters being alive and what not, but for the general main stuff it has all happened pretty predictably. 

I would be stunned if book six resembled even half of the show events.  I'm in the middle, but I know big book fans who hate aspects such as how Dorne was handled.

okr said:
Season 7 was utter crap anyway. What a disappointment. What was once on a level with the best TV shows like Breaking Bad and Sopranos, turned into a fantasy soap with tons of plotholes.

I hope they all die and the ugly Nighthack wins.

Indeed. I don't even care if we'll ever get new episodes.

The series is completely dead to me, I am waiting for future books or reboots instead.