By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Sports and Political Affiliation are different per sport

In the US, this is how it goes:

Far Right:
Golf
Nascar
College Football
Drag Racing
Rodeo
NHL

Right of Center:
Bull Riding
NFL
MLB (Baseball)
High School Sports
Olympics
Car racing

Center:
Supercross/Motorcross

Left of Center:
Horse Racing
Monster Trucks
UFC/MMA

Far Left:
Tennis
Basket Ball
Soccer/Football
Extreme Sports
WWE/Pro Wrestling

Boxing is not on the list, but my guess is that it would be a more left wing in the US due to WWE and UFC being on the left side.

Note this is a few years old now, but I am not sure how that would affect things.

Interesting considering UFC/WWE are typically depicted by the media as being right wing, but the audiences tend to be mostly left wing. Monster trucks and Soccer/football are also something a little surprising to be more left-wing. Basketball does not surprise me as being the most left-wing major team sport considering it's a center for activism.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

nazi golf confirmed

Ah nice, the "Democrat-Republican" spectrum, the most accurate one there is.

Why try to categorize sports into political leanings when actual politics has already eclipsed any sports fandom in the country?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Jumpin said: 

Interesting considering UFC/WWE are typically depicted by the media as being right wing, but the audiences tend to be mostly left wing. 

So what your saying is the fake news is claiming that the fake sport (WWE) is loved by the right, yet in reality it's adored by the left? That can't be fact!

No wonder why they hate Trump, he was like the biggest WWE star ever, so he must be the King of fake, and nobody likes to be out-faked. Maybe the truth is they all truly adore him.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
WNBA is so far left that the sample size for it is probably as small as one single guy.

Did you just assume its gender????

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Jumpin said:

Interesting considering UFC/WWE are typically depicted by the media as being right wing, but the audiences tend to be mostly left wing. Monster trucks and Soccer/football are also something a little surprising to be more left-wing. Basketball does not surprise me as being the most left-wing major team sport considering it's a center for activism.

Not sure where they're getting that.. Probably simply because it's ultra masculine and doesn't constantly preach far left rhetoric and causes, so that automatically = right wing these days, with how simple minded many are on politics and culture/society I wouldn't be surprised.

Other random thoughts:

I kind of wish people would stop seeing everything in terms of politics, happening more and more these days it seems. Especially when it comes to sports as that's supposed to be the thing here in the US to unify us and take our minds off the bs in our society and political system for awhile.. But since we're going down that road -

I'm a little surprised the NFL is actually at center right, and the the NBA is as far left as it is.

Also odd that there seems to be a decent gap between NFL and college football.

WNBA are a bunch of commies apparently.. No wonder they're essentially a failed business! lolol

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

RolStoppable said:
WNBA is so far left that the sample size for it is probably as small as one single guy.

Lesbians, Rol. WNBA is so far left because only lesbians voted for it.

Last edited by Player2 - on 05 January 2018

Why are you surprised that soccer is popular by left-wing Americans? Many conservatives hate it simply for being a foreign sport.

DarthMetalliCube said:
Jumpin said:

Not sure where they're getting that.. Probably simply because it's ultra masculine and doesn't constantly preach far left rhetoric and causes, so that automatically = right wing these days, with how simple minded many are on politics and culture/society I wouldn't be surprised.

Other random thoughts:

I kind of wish people would stop seeing everything in terms of politics, happening more and more these days it seems. Especially when it comes to sports as that's supposed to be the thing here in the US to unify us and take our minds off the bs in our society and political system for awhile.. But since we're going down that road -

I'm a little surprised the NFL is actually at center right, and the the NBA is as far left as it is.

Also odd that there seems to be a decent gap between NFL and college football.

WNBA are a bunch of commies apparently.. No wonder they're essentially a failed business! lolol

Mostly how the media depicts them. Like South Park:

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.