By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Class action lawsuit against Xbox One?

I got an email a few days ago saying I was part of a class action lawsuit against Sony for removing features from the PS3. I've honestly never even cared about Linux/Other OS but here I am.

What I DID care about and used all of the time was the "Snap" feature on Xbox One. They even had stage presentations for the feature. Now it's gone. I didn't get a say in this. One day I tried to use the feature and it just wasn't there. I don't think it's coming back and I'm getting kinda mad thinking about it.

I love Xbox but this can not be allowed to stand. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Sounds like you have snapped.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
RolStoppable said:
Sounds like you have snapped.

I spent the last 20 minutes trying to think of a comeback. I got nothing. 😢

I got the same email, but my fat PS3 from 07 disappeared a long time ago. I agree though; MS made a much bigger deal about Snap than Sony ever did with Linux and Other OS. I would assume if a lawsuit is made, we probably won’t hear about it until 2025 lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

The fun part is that the snap feature was used by a few more million people than that thing the PS3 got sued over.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

And the reason for the removal of the Linux was safety of the system itself...

But I agree with Ka-pie96... the UI seems to get worse and slower time over time even though it takes a lot of the resources that could go to the games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

with snap gone you haven't actually lost any core abilities of the console everything you can do in snap you can do in other ways on the Xbox. While I think the classaction is stupid you are comparing apples and oranges as post update their was no way to use your Linux distribution and while you and I may think that is a dumb reason for a lawsuit their were quite a few people that were legitimately affected (one of which was my local university which had purchased 20 or so for that purpose for one of their labs but I don't think they care enough to be in the lawsuit.).

I think there's alittle difference. Sony was using other products for there PS3, Snap is something MS created. Not sure if anything can come from it.
It is a shame the feature was removed. Hopefully is will come back