By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

KLAMarine said:
peachbuggy said:
LABO #1 in U.K., 1 and 3 in Spain, 5 in Italy, 3 and 6 in U.S., 2 in France and Germany, 6 in Canada. It's taking over the world!

If it keeps this up until release, Nintendo could have another 10m+ selling franchise on their hands!

I don't know about that. I suspect Januarys are slow months so even though this Labo thing climbed so high, it could be just the result of a slow month.

Could be true. I guess we will find out, if it has staying power in the charts through Jan, Feb March and up till release, then we'll know if it's the real deal!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Pagan said:

Chill dude. I wouldnt be happy about that. If nintendo smells the money behind that they will fully focus on gimmicks again. I hope that it will only sell  a million. That will force nintendo to still make a labo2 but also focusing on "real" games.

I would be very happy if Labo becomes a huge hit, i think it looks like a blast for young kids and parents (im a parent with young kids).

There is nothing more immature than wanting something to fail just because its not aimed directly at you.

Because its not for me??? We have paid money for a product so i dont think anyone wishes something not for his/her system. People didnt bought the switch to push nintendo making games for kids. I dont think so. I think the people in 2017 bought the switch for botw, odyssey and the indie titles. Now 2018 new 3rd.parties will hopefully jump on the switch train. People want games. There is a rumour that retro is working for a carbox game. Is that the Direction you want? Really?

And where did i use the word fail? I said i hope they sell about 1 million so that we can see labo 2 comming but i dont wish that they sell 80 millions copies of labo. They will completely focus on labo than..every company would. But i as a consumer have nothing from that.

Pagan said:
zorg1000 said:

I would be very happy if Labo becomes a huge hit, i think it looks like a blast for young kids and parents (im a parent with young kids).

There is nothing more immature than wanting something to fail just because its not aimed directly at you.

Because its not for me??? We have paid money for a product so i dont think anyone wishes something not for his/her system. People didnt bought the switch to push nintendo making games for kids. I dont think so. I think the people in 2017 bought the switch for botw, odyssey and the indie titles. Now 2018 new 3rd.parties will hopefully jump on the switch train. People want games. There is a rumour that retro is working for a carbox game. Is that the Direction you want? Really?

And where did i use the word fail? I said i hope they sell about 1 million so that we can see labo 2 comming but i dont wish that they sell 80 millions copies of labo. They will completely focus on labo than..every company would. But i as a consumer have nothing from that.

Imo Nintendo will strike a happy medium. Even if labo sells 80m copies, they won't concentrate on LABO games. They may bring another out but their other divisions will concentrate on the sorts of games that they have already been delivering. Games that their fanbase love. So, no need to worry. Mario, Zelda etc. will still all come.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Mar1217 said:
Pagan said:

Are you seriously this dense ?!! People keeps telling you that Nintendo is a compagny that makes games which gather to every or so demographic in the gaming space. The titles you mentionned is the prime example of why Nintendo will continue to do so. 

Your fear of seeing Nintendo stop making these games just because of the possible success of a game that target the younger demographic is illogical. 

Nintendo will pursue the same philosophy they've had since last year.

The last mini-Direct and the possible upcoming Direct in February for the announcement of the new FE game and other stuffs that we don't know about when it comes to 3rd party is there to prove you so. 

How many times will we need to repeat that not everything is supposed to represent your view of what a game compagny should or should not do ?

He's right however.

During the Wii era Nintendo focused a lot on making games for non-gamers: Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Play, Wii Music, Wii Party, Big Brain Academy, Link's Crossbow Training, etc. 

All these games were pretty terrible quality wise. 

The same can happen again. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I cant understand how relaxed you people can be. Like thr wii and wiiu era was something from a another dimenson or parallel universe. Sorry but i am not as confident as you guys with that gimmick thing. Its like someone you like was on heroine for 7 years and now he was just Clean for 10 month and you find a needle in his Pocket. The person is telling you , no no its was just a one time thing. Some of his friends (those who dont care for the friend) are triying to believe him and those who actuall care would immediatly stop him and tell him the truth into his face. The junkie=nintendo, friends who care people=like me, friends who dont care=yes give us as many gimmicks as possible.

Around the Network
Pagan said:
zorg1000 said:

This is such a weird and selfish stance to take.

"Im a grown up and dont want games for kids on my system!!!"

"All games on my system should be desirable by me or shouldnt exist!!!"

You could not come off more childish even if you tried.

Moderated - think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 20 January 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Alkibiádēs said:
Mar1217 said:

Are you seriously this dense ?!! People keeps telling you that Nintendo is a compagny that makes games which gather to every or so demographic in the gaming space. The titles you mentionned is the prime example of why Nintendo will continue to do so. 

Your fear of seeing Nintendo stop making these games just because of the possible success of a game that target the younger demographic is illogical. 

The last mini-Direct and the possible upcoming Direct in February for the announcement of the new FE game and other stuffs that we don't know about when it comes to 3rd party is there to prove you so. 

How many times will we need to repeat that not everything is supposed to represent your view of what a game compagny should or should not do ?

He's right however.

During the Wii era Nintendo focused a lot on making games for non-gamers: Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Play, Wii Music, Wii Party, Big Brain Academy, Link's Crossbow Training, etc. 

Except, Wii sports, very good game. Wii Sports resort, very good game. Wii party, would actually say that was an excellent game and i had a blast with it! Wii fit. That was ok. Big brain academy. Fun little budget game. Links' crossbow training. Never owned but it seemed to have gone down quite well. Also the Wii got excellent versions of all its top franchises, barring pokemon, which never came out on consoles anyway.

Alkibiádēs said:
Mar1217 said:

He's right however.

I strongly disagree.

Wii Sports was a blast to play with a group of friends/family members. Wii Fit was a great way to make exercising not a chore. Big Brain Academy was a good way to make learning fun for kids.

None of those games were low quality, they did a great job at doing what they were meant to do.

Besides its not like those games prevented "real" games like Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Smash Bros Brawl, Xenoblade Chronicles, Monster Hunter Tri, Call of Duty, No More Heroes, DKC Returns, Resident Evil 4, etc from releasing.

Its good to have an even mix of games for kids, teens, adults, males, females, families, hardcore & casual gamers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pagan said:
I cant understand how relaxed you people can be. Like thr wii and wiiu era was something from a another dimenson or parallel universe. Sorry but i am not as confident as you guys with that gimmick thing. Its like someone you like was on heroine for 7 years and now he was just Clean for 10 month and you find a needle in his Pocket. The person is telling you , no no its was just a one time thing. Some of his friends (those who dont care for the friend) are triying to believe him and those who actuall care would immediatly stop him and tell him the truth into his face. The junkie=nintendo, friends who care people=like me, friends who dont care=yes give us as many gimmicks as possible.

You say this, when Nintendo released BotW, Super Mario Odyssey, Arms, Spla2n, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last year, are planning to release Donkey Kong, Kirby, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 1+2 and 3, and FE, and are getting third party games like Dark Souls, Doom, Wolfenstein 2, LA Noire, Skyrim, Shin Megam Tensei, Dragon Quest, No More Heroes...

What?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

7 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#15 SNES Classic (down 6)
#18 NS Neon (up 2)
#31 NS Grey (down 3)
#43 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#55 PS4 Star Wars (up 2)
#59 XB1 (down 3)
#62 PS4 Pro (up 7)
#66 XB1X (up 8)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#01 NS Nintendo LABO - Variety Kit (same)*
#07 NS Nintendo LABO - Robot Kit (down 2)*
#11 PS4 God of War Stone Mason's Edition (down 3)*
#39 PS4 Dissidia Final Fantasy (same)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5