01. God Of War 15 45.45%

02. Spider-Man 3 9.09%

03. Detroit: Become Human 6 18.18%

04. Red Dead Redemption 2 6 18.18%

05. Battlefield V 3 9.09%

Total:33
Chazore said:
eva01beserk said:

I think you are looking at it with to much bias. I for one dont think hardware should influence on an opinion. Like CGI posting pics of battlefront looking great on his monster pc, then I go to play it on my crappy one and end up disappointed. Then try the pro and it looks better than on my pc but still not as good as horizon. Whos fault is it then? 

I just think that game looks great regardless of power of hardware. If I need a $3000 rig to make a game look great, then I have my doubts off that game. Why not compare  in the place the both are, like the ps4 pro. And if it still looks better then you can see who is voting just from bias.

PS. CGI im not trying to impose anything on your thread, don't even think of this as a suggestion. Im just saying this is how some view comparisons, on the same system to eliminate any handicap. You can keep doing what your doing.

What does this have to do with hardware?.

I'm talking about the games and them being voted off. The past 3 years have had Sony games taking the win, with the other games not getting nearly enough votes. It's not that I'm looking at this with too much of my own bias (which is odd, because plenty of people on here are biased, humans are just like that in general), it's that there is a clear disinterest in anything else but blockbuster AAA titles, and those exclusive to a console tend to get more talk and attention on here. I almost find it pointless that PC even gets anything put into the thread, because it'll never win via votes, as there aren't that many people on here that like PC gaming, nor care about what it has to offer. That's not my own bias, that's just a simple fact of current events.

I also don't think, going by your logic, that we should ignore hardware, but then decide to judge everything on just the PS4 pro and not a high end system as well. You don't even need to spend a mythical 3k to see the nice visuals of BF2. I don't even need to game at native 4k on PC to notice the visual fidelity of BF1, let alone BF2. 

I dint mean you where bias .I meant you see a result and claim it was because of bias. 

Does it matter if a game gets no pc mention? If a game like read dead wins this year i doubt cgi will say "the console version dint win, it was the pc version". It makes no sense. 

Art direction alone might look great but not enough to be the best. So indys wont get the win and that seems to bother you why? 

You miss read what i said about comparing games on ps4 .I dint say we should do that, but that i do that and still captures of a high end rig wont impresse cuz when i go to experience what you show me i end up disappointed .I also believe that its what others do.

PM Sent ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 13 May 2018

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
As per its delay to Q1 2019, Metro Exodus as been removed It'll return in the 2019 thread for sure, but also have serious competition from Witchfire, The Last of Us: Part II, and [probably - I expect a third release] STAR WARS Battlefront 3!

I guess it won't be the first game to use the new ray tracing tech after all.

For consoles the best thing I have seen this year is probably God of War. Perhaps some game will beat it, but I doubt it. Most third party games on PC will obviously look much better and perhaps MS is finally going to show that killer game for Xbox One X.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

CGI-Quality said:

I'm sorry to do this again, but I still can't get over how good this game looks. Yet, most of you chose Horizon. Silly gooses!

Because on PS4 it doesn't look remotely close to this. Sorry to bring it but comparing pc to PS4 is comparing a PS4 game to a PS3 game. And that's earlier an understatement than a overstatement. Yet Horizon actually was a great game, can't say the same about Star War. Be it the current games or movies they look amazing  (on the right platform), but they are pretty lacking in every other area.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 17 May 2018

CGI-Quality said:
Qwark said:

Because on PS4 it doesn't look remotely close to this. Sorry to bring it but comparing pc to PS4 is comparing a PS4 game to a PS3 game. And that's earlier an understatement than a overstatement. Yet Horizon actually was a great game, can't say the same about Star War. Be it the current games or movies they look amazing  (on the right platform), but they are pretty lacking in every other area.

Being a 'great game' is subjective and irrelevant when discussing graphics. And the movie talk is even more so. Simply put, in here, we talk about the best of the best, regardless of platform. So what if STAR WARS doesn't look like that on PS4? It looks like that on another platform, hence why I made the statement. 

Could be that those five extra people preferred the look of Horizon. Nothing wrong with that.

If we take pc as the standard we should probably exclude console games since they simply don't stand a chance. In my opinion only someone with severe eyesight problems would say GOW or Horizon look better than anything on PC.

In my opinion we should have three categories 

1. PC

2. Xone/PS4 

3. Switch

The power difference is to big between those groups for a good comparison. Like placing a lvl 200 mage against a lvl 10 warrior.

Last edited by Qwark - on 17 May 2018

Around the Network

Hopefully BFV doesn't get the downgrade treatment that BF1 got.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I gotta be honest, I personally find the character models in this game to look a bit….creepy. Idk, they just look off somehow. Like they're all made of plastic. Though maybe it's just dependent on the lighting, cus the shots of the kids look great, but all the adult faces that have more light exposure…..yikes. Haven't seen anyone else say so though, so maybe it's just me.

Angelus said:
I gotta be honest, I personally find the character models in this game to look a bit….creepy. Idk, they just look off somehow. Like they're all made of plastic. Though maybe it's just dependent on the lighting, cus the shots of the kids look great, but all the adult faces that have more light exposure…..yikes. Haven't seen anyone else say so though, so maybe it's just me.

Well, they're not really humans, so maybe that was an intended feature

VGPolyglot said:
Angelus said:

Well, they're not really humans, so maybe that was an intended feature

Ya, I asked myself that a while back, but again...I've never seen anyone comment on it, so probably not.

So far the clear winner is God of War, but Rage 2 looked fabulous in the debut trailer. Although tonite we might become impressed by Battelfield 5 in the EA conference.

CGI, where are the PC Battelfront 2 images you've posted that prove it beats God of War on the PS4 Pro according to you?