By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dispute over a $1.50 Call of Duty wager leads to death of 28 year old man in Kansas

There was a wager match for CoD WW2 on PS4 between two teams for $1.50. After the match ended there was a dispute between two of the players so one of the players threatened to swat the other player and the player being threatened gave a random address. The player that made the threat gave this random address to a guy that swatted a CoD tournament in Dallas earlier this year. The swatter made up a fake scenario and called a swat team to the random address and a 28 year old father was shot by police.

Here's a link to the story for more details. https://charlieintel.com/2017/12/29/dispute-call-duty-wager-leads-death-28-year-old-man-kansas/

I think the swatter needs to be found and put behind bars.

Around the Network

Swatter needs to be put behind bars. But how does one even contact S.W.A.T, they have a number? And why didn't the person being threatened just say nothing and end the conversation? Also why did the cop just shoot soon as the man opened the door? This trigger happy swat should also be in trouble but of course he won't. People too petty nowadays.

Trigger happy

That's like sending a random death sentence since American police now are like death squads executing innocent civilians on the spot whilst first mocking them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62Va6Ft2cw

OTBWY said:
That's like sending a random death sentence since American police now are like death squads executing innocent civilians on the spot whilst first mocking them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62Va6Ft2cw

Yeah to be honest that was the video that really made me wake up. I mean, I knew there was a police problem but I thought maybe it was an exaggeration or that it wasn't likely to happen to normal people. But that shit made me shake and almost cry when I first saw it a last week. that's not something that happens to me normally as I can be coldly apathetic to videos(mostly due to desensitization). It's especially freaky because it's in my own state.

Around the Network
HandofPrometheus said:
Swatter needs to be put behind bars. But how does one even contact S.W.A.T, they have a number? And why didn't the person being threatened just say nothing and end the conversation? Also why did the cop just shoot soon as the man opened the door? This trigger happy swat should also be in trouble but of course he won't. People too petty nowadays.

The article says that the SWAT team was working with the information that this guy was holding hostages and already killed one of them. That’s why they probably shot him on sight. 

hope the death penalty is on the table.

Shoot first ask questions later apparently.

This is a strange story by the way to be honest, if true.

This is really messed up. Swatting, only for losing a dollar. This may come off as corny, but I really hope the guy who did the swatting can't sleep well at night, knowing his pettiness and his pride got someone killed, wrong person or not.

The guy who called in the cops and the cop that shot need to both do Life for murder.

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2