By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Nintendo Switch sold 878,063 units between Nov. 27 and Dec. 24 in Japan

Interesting tweet from Takashi Mochizuki: 

Discussion in the tweet below seems to suggest that the Switch could outsell the WiiU faster than expected. Famitsu says the Switch sold 303,504 units Christmas week.

Around the Network

A Beast Console

Portable
Japan
Nintendo

No shit.

Fully deserved. Great concept, great execution.

WANTED!

Have you seen this device? Authorities warn you to stay away. Known cannibal. Has 2 detachable side... Arms...

Around the Network

See what stock can do!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

For the record. Taking a look through Christmas week sales I see only two other times where a console exceeded a weekly 300,000 - the two weeks leading up to Christmas in December 2006, both DS (presumably mostly DS Lite). Wii came close to 300K on Christmas week that year, but did not break it. Overall Christmas week 2006 saw over 750,000 sales for the two Nintendo consoles - which is far from regular since it is the record by quite a large margin.

So far, it looks like the Switch just sold the 3rd best week in Japanese history excluding launch weeks (I didn’t check those numbers). I also didn’t check Golden week, so there might be more records. Anyone with time?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Not really sure why people use Famitsu, when the companies use Mediacreate. Using Famitsu is like using VGC over NPD. Sure, Famitsu probably has more data points than VGC, but Mediacreate is going to be more accurate, anyway.

BTW, they say Switch did 270K this past week. Still great.

thismeintiel said:

Not really sure why people use Famitsu, when the companies use Mediacreate. Using Famitsu is like using VGC over NPD. Sure, Famitsu probably has more data points than VGC, but Mediacreate is going to be more accurate, anyway.

BTW, they say Switch did 270K this past week. Still great.

Takashi is 100% reliable and he wouldn't use it if it wasn't accurate.

OTBWY said: 

Discussion in the tweet below seems to suggest that the Switch could outsell the WiiU faster than expected. Famitsu says the Switch sold 303,504 units Christmas week.

Even buy MC numbers Switch just need to sell around 150k outsell Wii U.