By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - They are Billions - The Dark Souls of RTS

Looks very good.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
caffeinade said:

Zombie hate is pretty interesting.

Zombies are everywhere, it is true.
So are humans.
How do you feel about games featuring humans?
Are games any less great if they rely on humans to tell a story, or to convey game mechanics.

Would you like the game more if instead of zombies, they used: insects, or slimes, or bears?

It's not zombie hate, it's the reliance on zombies as the go-to foe.

As for your zombie/human comparison. Zombies don't have a history, they don't have culture, they can't encompass as much as humans can. They're an empty vessel serving as a now typical and familiar threat.

For variability's sake, yes, I'd like it more if the enemies were something else. Let's take Heroes of Might and Magic for example. Is the game more interesting, due to the different types of castle/dominion one can use and therefore employ the services of different monsters? Certainly more than if the only possibilities were different types of zombie. Especially because of the prevalence of said zombie in recent (well, since Resident Evil) gaming releases.

All being said, zombies can be very effective enemies, be it in shooters or story driven adventure games, and whatever Dead Rising is. But as an RTS opponent, they seem off to me. Just my personal opinion, though.

I was never a fan of zombies in general. I think a post apocalyptic setting is a lot more effective without any outside threat at all. You don't need zombies to make humans behave like primitive assholes.

Let me throw in "Oxygen not included" as a great alternative for a steampunk post apocalyptic RTS.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this game is retarded hard or i must be doing something wrong as fuck.

What's up?.

It definitely feels hard. Like I've had to be careful in where I place all my Tesla towers for extending my build radius, as well as keeping them out of reach of the infected.

Whatever you do, don't attack those "doomed" cities, as they contain hives of undead that will go straight for your base.

Soldiers can kill infected easily, but their guns create a lot of noise. Archers are great for scouting and picking off undead laying about, and their arrows are silent and their mobility faster than the soldier class. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Automatically taken less seriously for the use of the moniker "Dark Souls of ____". Just say it's hard, man.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Automatically taken less seriously for the use of the moniker "Dark Souls of ____". Just say it's hard, man.

It's easy to just read the rest of the OP, rather than hedging all bets on the last part of the title alone. besides, it's already been mentioned before, it really doesn't need to be mentioned again as it takes things off topic entirely. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"