By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Christmas Crashes the EShop

Digital will always triumph over physical, because physical is dumb.

Around the Network
dgboweniii said:

Digital will always triumph over physical, because physical is dumb.

Nice one!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

KLAMarine said:
Unfortunate that this happened. An overwhelmed digital store is a good problem to have but Nintendo needs to make sure this doesn't happen again.

The Splatoon 2 servers were down for a while yesterday as well.  It seems like the Switch was a lot more popular than Nintendo was prepared for.  I would anticipate that Nintendo will be ready for this sort of thing next year, but who knows?  The internet was never their strong point.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
KLAMarine said:
Unfortunate that this happened. An overwhelmed digital store is a good problem to have but Nintendo needs to make sure this doesn't happen again.

The Splatoon 2 servers were down for a while yesterday as well.  It seems like the Switch was a lot more popular than Nintendo was prepared for.  I would anticipate that Nintendo will be ready for this sort of thing next year, but who knows?  The internet was never their strong point.

Good time to invest in their online infrastructure. I figure they will considering they're hoping to charge for it in some manner next year.

Shelves were empty at my target of switch games. There was a lot of Switches but a lot of games were sold out. People bought games like crazy thanks to gift cards and e cards.