By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your hopes for franchise reboots for VR? Time crisis anyone?

I have...

Oculus: Rift 1 6.67%

HTC vive 0 0%

PsVR 8 53.33%

Gear VR 0 0%

Google day dream 0 0%

Currentlly waiting to buy one of the above. 4 26.67%

No VR... comments 2 13.33%

Total:15

I would love to see a VR Reboot of Elemental Gearbolt for the PS4.
What an amazing game that was. The GunCon worked wonders and the fantasy element was just a sight to behold.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Portal in vr might as well be called the vomit inducer.

No, Portal Stories VR is absolutely no problem on the comfort level:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/446750/Portal_Stories_VR/?l=german

It's also one of my best VR experiences so far... I want a full game of that!

elemental gearbolt or any light gun shooter

Mar1217 said:
Fei-Hung said:
I'd love more rail shooters like Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Virtua Cop, Ninja Assault, Point Blank, Panzer Dragoon, Silpheed and anything else.

Time Crisis 2/3 were my childhood love on our PS2 ^^

Then Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles came in :0

Still kinda bummed that this kind of game isn't made much any more ... 

Time Crisis Razing Storm was horrendous compared to 1,2&3. They really need to bring these type of games back at a release price of £25-30.

You played Rush of Blood yet? 

John2290 said:
SvennoJ said:
There are so many I would like to see

ICO and SotC first, TLG demo was great already, now do it in 3rd person for ICO with fixed camera angles and floating camera for SotC.

Fallout NV, GTA San Andreas, RDR, Dead Space, Alien Isolation, Silent Hill 2, Bioshock, Dishonered, Dark souls, GT5, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time, The last of us, Journey, Flower, Portal games, MGS games, PoP games, Heavy rain.

Basically everything that was good last gen should be able to provide a great experience in VR this gen. I'm already 120 hours into Skyrim VR and apart from GT Sport have no desire to return to flat games. I've got plenty more lined up in VR, GT Sport is the only game with non VR gameplay I've bought for ps4 since HZD.

Cartainly getting that same feeling atm that 2d games just won't do, lol. You're right though, If Bethesda can do it with Skyrim and F4 then other ps3 games should be doable also however I feel that porting last gen games isn't the way to go and instead rebuild titles from the ground up, I can't stand that pixelated look games that try to go for extra graphics. Only a few I've seen get it right like Data center, I think the best looking titles which can be played for the longest are games like superhot, dick wild, the mini games in the playroom and the like which find a near perfect balance. 

I get used to the pixelated look, I have no problem playing GT Sport in 4K HDR during the day then Skyrim VR all night. Superhot is great as well, yet one of my average play sessions of Skyrim is longer than all of Superhot VR. Windlands looks stylish and clean as well, if you can stomach it. Statik is a great clean looking puzzler, as well as I expect you to die. Polybius is the perfect shooter for VR as well as Thumper. Bound, Tethered, Wayward Sky, Dino Frontier and Rez Infinite all look very clean as well. Although the last level of Rez Infinite has huge pixels from the original artwork.

Yet the best experiences are Rez Infinite, DriveClub, RE7, The Solus Project and Skyrim VR, all ported games with various updates for VR. Plenty VR games have great ideas, just lack the meat to really get into them. Those are the titles I've played the longest by far.

Around the Network

All first person view games.

John2290 said:
Anyone think RTS's or other strategy titles would make a good VR experience? Anyone tried Xcom in VR?
Also, anyone know if table top or board games have made it into virtual reality yet? I think it would be great to be able to play D&D like games in VR as I've never had a chance to play them in real life.

Tethered works great in VR. RTS is limited by the resolution and controls though. A simplified RTS like Tethered works, complex RTS games with lots of menus and options will be a lot harder to do in VR. However Skyrim's extensive menus work fine in VR, it's not ideal, but it's very workable. There isn't any really popular console RTS to port to VR though.

Board games, there is a chess game for VR. Board games are more suited for AR with online multiplayer. It will be very cool to have other people sitting around your table that aren't really there. The 'menu' screen of ST Bridge crew has the 4 players sitting around the table together while deciding on the mission. It works great, good sense of presence.

Looking at my VR collection, I'm surprise how many different genres already work fine in VR:

• horror/survival games like Resident Evil 7, Wilson's Heart, Alien Isolation
  • action adventures like the Tomb Raider: Dagger of Xian demo
  • platformers like Robots Rescue (The Playroom), Lucky's Tale
  • "teleport shooters" like Robo Recall, Arizona Sunshine
  • first person shooters with real locomotion like the Serious Sam games + Doom
  • puzzle games like The Talos Principle, FORM, Portal VR Stories, Esper, Statik
  • exploration games like Obduction, The Gallery, Batman VR, Tomb Raider Blood Ties
  • narrative games like The Invisible Hours, Elevator to the Moon
  • racing games like Dirt Rally, Project Cars
  • space fights in X-Wing VR mission, Eve Valkyrie, Star Trek: Bridge Crew
  • pinball games like Pinball FX2 VR
  • RPGs like Chronos
  • futuristic sport games like RIGS, Lost Arena
  • action games like Archangel, BattleZone
  • "VR romances" like Summer Lesson, VR Kanojo
  • new concepts like Superhot VR, The Climb, Eagle Flight