By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Granblue Fantasy: Project Re: Link Ps4 new Trailer

GribbleGrunger said:
What the hell is it about Japanese presenters when thy're showing off a game? Walk a little. Stop. Walk a little. Stop. Turn. Walk a little. Stop ... (all while accompanied by an excitement level strangely divorced from what we're seeing)

from what i gather, granblue fantasy is a mobile game, so seeing gameplay like this on a console seem to really blew their mind.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Looks like one of the best rpgs of 2018. Cant wait to see more

Did you notice that the developers put more work and love currently into their games - than at PS3 times?! Maybe this is why jrpgs sell on PS4 extremely better then on ps3.

Granblue Fantasy is a good sign :) I'm sure it will appear in the West.

Game looks sooo good

This game looks absolutely amazing much better then the bland ff15.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

If this game don't get localized to the west I'll be really pissed.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
xl-klaudkil said:
This game looks absolutely amazing much better then the bland ff15.

100 % yes

deskpro2k3 said:
If this game don't get localized to the west I'll be really pissed.

Think positive - I'm confident thanks to the high PS4 sales and the other JRPG successes in the west :)

And a info: Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link has Singleplayer & four-person multiplayer : D

By https://gematsu.com/2017/12/granblue-fantasy-project-re-link-four-person-multiplayer-wont-compromise-graphics

The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has an interview with Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link director Tetsuya Fukuhara, who shared a few new details about the game.

Get the tidbits below.

“When playing single-player, the other three characters are controlled by AI. There is also four-person multiplayer.”
“Since we developed the non-graphics parts side by side [with the graphics], I wonder if we will be able to see the goal in a little while.”
“Since we cannot compromise on graphics, Cygames and CyDesignation staff are being stationed at Platinum Games.”

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu also has a few other tidbits from a developer interview:

The team has reached a point where it can say it feels good about the basic actions.
New information beyond this past weekend’s Granblue Fantasy Fes 2017 is still a little while ahead.
The graphics will improve even further.
The goal is to make a game in which players can enjoy “situations” where the course changes from one to the next, as well as enjoy “multiplayer.”

Kyuu said:

Looking great. I want Sony to approach Type-Moon to publish and co-develop a proper high budget Fate/ game in a similar vein. Preferably with more tactical focus but I wouldn't complain either way. I mean Fate Grand Order is one of the highest grossing mobile games in Japan and it's published by Sony.

Do you perhaps play Fate GO? I know a massive Type Moon, Fate/ fan who thinks very similarly to you.

EDIT: Guess i should add a bit more to this post, so i will add 3 more points.

1) Im VERY EXCITED for this game since this is literally all i wanted from Granblue, when i came across the Mobile game in 2015 i tried it out because the art and character designs where top notch, but when i realized it used chibi models in the actual gameplay it completely killed my interest, (i cant stand chibi... its nice for comedic purposes, but as a main art for gameplay?... no thanks), so seeing all that art and character designs fully fleshed out in an actual high budget console game, that also happens to be an Action RPG (my favorite game genre), that's also being made by platinum!... i could not ask for more.

2) This also makes me very sad though... when i think about how Fate/ could be doing the exact same thing but instead they went a more cheap route with Extella (making it a very low budget game) that's also a musou (the most boring genre i can think off...) i wish they would make something of this quality... and its not like they dont have the money for it, since this year Fate GO (JP) made 800 million dollars and that's not taking into account the Korean, Chinese and NA versions of the game.

3) I also think Sony would be very stupid to not pursue that high budget Fate game, but hey it wouldn't be the first time Sony SERIOUSLY underestimates the potential of one of the Japanese franchises that have extremely close ties to Playstation.

All i wanna see is Jalter, Scathach, Okita, Tomoe Gozen and a dozen more in a ARPG high budget console game...

Last edited by estebxx - on 29 December 2017

Hiku said:

Wow, I seriously didn't expect it to look like this. It looks like a full blown action RPG. I expected it to be much closer to a basic Dynasty Warriors type game. The movement looks so fluid, and there's lost of beautiful animation.

I was just about to say "This looks like if Platinum Games made an anime action RPG", and then I remembered... this IS made by Platinum Games.

This game is going to sell in Japan. Granblue is very popular there. And as someone who has played Granblue a bit, I'm definitely interested in this.
This is actually the first action game of this kind I've looked forward to since Devil May Cry 3. (Nier: Automata caught me by surprise in a positive way rather than being something I originally looked forward to.)

I hope they add crazy Vira to the roster. She's one of the more... interesting characters with her obsessive love for Katalina...

Absolutely agree i wanna see Vira in this game, i will be pissed if she isnt in it...

and i also wanna see Jeanne d'Arc (Dark)