By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PUBG PC Release Metacritic: 85

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/playerunknowns-battlegrounds

Polygon

Battlegrounds is the refinement of a new language of play, but what may earn it a spot in the video game canon is that conceptual efficiency. It isn’t accessible for every player, but it’s understandable. Anybody can easily learn to read this game, to watch it, to spot the tension and excitement and drama...[An] imperfectly perfect game.

Game Informer

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds brings the battle royale genre to a smashing mainstream success, packed with memorable moments and action-packed adventures. Solo or with friends, you’re in for an intense ride that’s different every single time

Windows Central  If you want to be the last man (or woman) standing and wish to play a game closely resembling Battle Royale and The Hunger Games, you'll be hard pressed to find a better game than PUBG, for now

Gamer.no Dec 

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is ultimately greatly entertaining, and offers adrenaline filled action of the best kind. Sure, the performance is still not perfect, and the developer need to work more on that, but seen as a whole the experience is fantastic.

Around the Network

No stopping this train. Choo Choo.

Last edited by green_sky - on 21 December 2017

The game has improved a lot since it first dropped. Lots of performance as well as interface improvements.

It will be interesting if it remains at 90 or above in the end.

Proud to be a Californian.

Game is great, I was playing 1.0 last night and it seems to offer a lot of improvements. Performance seems better in general as well, though that might be on Nvidia's part due to them putting out a new version of the Geforce Experience driver specifically for PUBG. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 21 December 2017

Around the Network

It's now at 86.

Proud to be a Californian.

Bought > Played once > Played second time to do some performance profiling > Uninstalled.

I don't get the crazy hype around it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

It's now at 85. Opencritic has it at 79 for both official, and my own custom settings (That cut out XB1 reviews). Metacritic gives extra weight to Polygon, IGN, Gamespot, and Metro in their formulation.

After reading a few reviews I can compare it to Super Smash Bros. on N64. A great idea, but poorly executed and not really worth your time or money. The second somebody makes a PUBG style game with AAA quality the game will be one of the best games ever made. Kind of like how Melee put the N64 Smash to shame.

Cerebralbore101 said:
It's now at 85. Opencritic has it at 79 for both official, and my own custom settings (That cut out XB1 reviews). Metacritic gives extra weight to Polygon, IGN, Gamespot, and Metro in their formulation.

After reading a few reviews I can compare it to Super Smash Bros. on N64. A great idea, but poorly executed and not really worth your time or money. The second somebody makes a PUBG style game with AAA quality the game will be one of the best games ever made. Kind of like how Melee put the N64 Smash to shame.

How is an 85 rated game not worth your. time and money?

jason1637 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

How is an 85 rated game not worth your. time and money?

Metacritic's formulation gives extra weight to some sites over others. This tilts the Metascore to 85, when the true average of all reviews is lower. The opinions of IGN, Polygon, Gamecrate, and Metro don't mean anything to me. IGN hands out high scores like candy. Polygon, Gamecrate, and Metro hate on JRPGs handing out scores of 6/10 for otherwise fantastic games.