By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Ending of Games #4 - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO

I'm playing this since Day 01 and I have to say it is a great game. "Big" is the word I would choose to describe it. The Soundtrack is almost perfect, the battle system is really good (once you master it), the world is HUGE, while nothing new, the plot is ok.

BUT the ending is so...... generic. Is like some generic harem anime: the boy gets the girls in the end. I still have a lot of things to do in XC2, but the ending didn't look like a Xeno game at all.

Xenoblade Chronicles has a fantastic ending. I dare to say is the one of best of all time. Xenoblade X, while the game plot is kinda bad, the ending at least leaves us with good taste. But here we have just some boring scenes with nothing special to carring about. I'm disappointed.

What do you think? Good? Bad?

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Yeah, the ending was a bit meh. Not really sure what I expected though.

Isn't there a secret ending? I havn't finished the game nor did I watched any of the endings.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

EricFabian said:

BUT the ending is so...... generic. Is like some generic harem anime: the boy gets the girls in the end. I still have a lot of things to do in XC2, but the ending didn't look like a Xeno game at all.

This was the vibe the game gave me from the first trailer last year.  The direction in cutscenes combined with terrible mouth sync make this story pretty hard to care about.  I don't think love stories are bad, but XC2 looks about as generic as Sword Art Online.  I get the harem thing is a huge fantasy for many fans of the genre but in this case it's just so hand-fisted and bogged down by the poor directing.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Yeah, but given everything related to the game from its rushed time frame to character designs, and the fact that the creators have been trying to do anime style games forever it is to be expected.