By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: The Official PUBG Thread

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
Developer:
Bluehole (now PUBG Corporation)
Platforms: Windows, Xbox One, Mobile
Release Date: March 23rd, 2017 (Windows, Early Access)
December 12th, 2017 (Xbox, Game Preview)
December 20th, 2017 (Windows, version 1.0)
TBA - Mobile
Price: $29.99

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a 100 player free for all battle royale game where players drop onto a huge map and must scavenge for weapons and supplies and then kill everyone else until only one player remains. You can play solo, duos, or in a squad of four. The game is in the preview mode for Xbox, which means it's not ready for release and will continue to be improved until it launches. If you buy it during the Game Preview phase, you do not have to buy it again when it officially releases. Typically Game Preview titles have risen in price when they officially launch, but the PUBG team has confirmed it will remain at $30.

Version 1.0 launches for Windows (Steam) in a few days. I play on Xbox so will be focused mostly on that version, but if anyone wants anything added to the OP for the PC version feel free to let me know, and feel free to discuss the PC version here if you'd like. When a PS4 version is confirmed, I will add it to the OP.

PSA: The Xbone version has some frame rate issues, most significantly during the lobby of the matches, and the parachute sequence. There's no real gameplay during these moments, but if you want better performance, turning off the Game DVR functionality does smooth it out quite a bit.

If anyone wants to match up on Xbone, add me, Cpt RonCodpeace.

https://i.imgur.com/9eZrnwh.mp4

Around the Network

So apparently the team working on the console version is comprised of only five people, lol. PlayerUnknown (I think his name is Brenden) said on Twitter they are working on improving stability and performance on Xbox.

I finally experienced some of that vintage PUBG jank yesterday that I have been hearing so much about. I drop in, I'd never dropped to The Ruins, so I did. I think I was alone, I run around a corner, and fall through the map and into an endless body of water where I drown.

I queue back up and go back to Ruins. I think I'm alone again but nope, out comes some almost naked dude trying to punch me to death. I keep trying to pick up this shotgun and slugs on these boxes but they're up about 5 feet high and the game won't let me grab them without climbing up there. So the whole time I am trying to climb up there and get them, the game is kind of laggy, and this dude is beating my ass. He gets me down to like 40% health and I finally grab the shotgun. But it won't let me grab bullets! I drop off thinking I grabbed the bullets but I hadn't. I run off and turn around and point the shotgun at the dude, thinking maybe he'd freak out and run, but he didn't. He came right for me and knocked me down to about 25% health. I climb back up the little stone wall again and this time grab the shells. I run away to reload and BLAM shoot him once in the chest and he drops dead.

Just now I dropped into the military base, good god it's fucking loaded with stuff. I run out of a building and see four people fighting, one with his fists. He dies right away, but I was able to run around and kill the other three with shotgun blasts while they weren't looking. I wait a second then go to loot one, BLAM, shotgun to the back, I'm dead.

My best finish is still like 8 or 12, I don't remember.

Do we know if PUBG will have crossplay?
Now that will be very interesting.

They have said they want it.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
Do we know if PUBG will have crossplay?
Now that will be very interesting.

Oh hell no. I don't want to fight against hackers. I can handle fps dips, I can't handle someone punching me across the map for an instant kill.

Yeah idk about going against kB/m users. I know a very tiny amount of people might use it on consoles but a vast majority do on PC.

Now, PS4 vs Xbox, sure. But I’m sure that ball is in Sony’s court like all the other recent games.

Has great sales so far. Im not a huge FPS guy, but this game has so much hype that I may try it in a month or 2. Right now it just sounds too messy, though.

Also, here’s IGN’s review. 5/10. Destin reviewed it. He has said it’s vastly inferior to the PC version, but he still feels that people should buy it if they don’t have a pc. The other major PC player on IGN (James Duggin I think?) had all the same criticisms, except he suggested waiting a couple months until it runs better.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/05/22/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-review

What does this game have over Fortnite Battle Royale except for vehicles? I have played that a few times with my kid now (base ps4 plus pro next to each other) and it just doesn't grab me. I enjoy exploring the map and building aspect, just don't enjoy shooting people lol. We finished in the teens while building a massive base which we had to leave due to the storm circle, then got sniped while running. He switched to Just cause 3, more fun to blow stuff up.

Anyway I'm sure plenty people don't see the appeal of racing every day either. Despite the SR rating, GT Sport feels like last man standing too now and then! Perhaps they should add a race with guns mounted to the cars to let people blow of steam. That might make the other races a lot cleaner :)

SvennoJ said:
What does this game have over Fortnite Battle Royale except for vehicles? I have played that a few times with my kid now (base ps4 plus pro next to each other) and it just doesn't grab me. I enjoy exploring the map and building aspect, just don't enjoy shooting people lol. We finished in the teens while building a massive base which we had to leave due to the storm circle, then got sniped while running. He switched to Just cause 3, more fun to blow stuff up.

Anyway I'm sure plenty people don't see the appeal of racing every day either. Despite the SR rating, GT Sport feels like last man standing too now and then! Perhaps they should add a race with guns mounted to the cars to let people blow of steam. That might make the other races a lot cleaner :)

So, you essentially want something like Full Auto?