By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Right, do we think a PS4 Portable is coming?

Recently Sony basically said themselfs that they would be stupid to ignore the Switch.. 

i jave mixed feelings on it, I loved the PSP and the idea that all my current games would run on this portable machine and my PS4 Pro is an exciting prospect! however... I always feel that products that are knee jerk reaction to another always end up bad

for those who are tech savi would a say portable PS4 that maybe runs games in 720p a possible thing? 

Another question is, is it too late? The PS4 is already 4 years old! (personally I think the PS4 will be around for another 4 years as Sony’s Main syssystem so a late 2018 release would be doable) 

disguss 

p.s sorry for any mistakes, I’m on my phone and I’m sure when I read this back on my Mac I will be embarrassed 😅

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

Around the Network

sony has to make games for ps vr and ps4, I dont think they will enter in the hybrid market now, maybe in a few years.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Do I think so? No, I do not.

I'd rather Sony focus on New support for the Vita. The Vita is such a beast of a handheld, which was only held back from poor AAA support from Sony.
If Sony would put greater focus on AAA titles such a New GTA Vita, MGS Peace Walker 2 Vita, Gran Turismo Vita, God Of War (Adventures of Kratos) , PSASBR 2 and a New Ratchet & Clank Vita……
If Sony could put these games into motion for the next 3 years, the Vita would be the handheld everyone wants to own.

I dont think, "we cant ignore Switch" means "lets copy Switch" so no.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

We'll find out this E3. :) Would rustle a lot of jimmies, though I'm not sure why.

sabastian said:
I'd rather Sony focus on New support for the Vita. The Vita is such a beast of a handheld, which was only held back from poor AAA support from Sony.
If Sony would put greater focus on AAA titles such a New GTA Vita, MGS Peace Walker 2 Vita, Gran Turismo Vita, God Of War (Adventures of Kratos) , PSASBR 2 and a New Ratchet & Clank Vita……
If Sony could put these games into motion for the next 3 years, the Vita would be the handheld everyone wants to own.

That ship sailed a looong time ago buddy.Plus titles like MGS and GTA are third party franchises and its not up to Sony to decide wether or not said titles are developed for the Vita or whatever.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

sabastian said:

Nothing in the world will make Vita desirable, its reputation is too poor and if Sony wants to continue making handhelds they would have to start from scratch.

Think of it like when Nintendo had plans to incorporate motion controls into Gamecube but scrapped that idea and made Wii instead.

Thats kind of the same situation with Sony handhelds, if they want to continue that path than they need to start fresh. Adding new games to a 6 year old device that nobody wants would just be throwing money away.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Would a portable PS4 even be possible from a technical perspective? Like even ignoring the issue with power is it possible to shrink the PS4 architecture down to a handheld? I feel like they would end up with a system that would still require a dedicated ports from the PS4 as opposed to playing it's entire library right out the gate like the standard PS4 or the pro so it would be less of a portable PS4 and more so a psp3

We'll have to wait and see. I have a bad feeling they might, but I'd rather see them focus on content for their sales giant. PS4 is a beast, but first party support (while good) is paltry compared to Nintendo.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7