By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lost Soul Aside Gameplay on PS4 Pro Looks Gorgeous and Super-Fast

Ruler said:

Lost Soul Aside on PS4 Pro Looks Gorgeous and Super-Fast in New Direct Feed Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFwfl95gv8I

Gameplay of Lost Soul Aside PSX 2017 special demo. Game under development does not represent final quality. Captured in the playable demo for PSX 2017 event running on PS4 Pro.

I'm watching this trailer for the first time right now. The fight looks awesome, much better than Final Fantasy 15 or something. Let me guess .. the game will be released in 2018 ?! Even unknown games deserve attention - if they have a good quality :) I'm looking forward to more :)

Around the Network

All my yes. This is pretty much what I wanted from FFvsXIII, but lost in the move to FFXV.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Looks similar to Devil May Cry.

NobleTeam360 said:
Looks similar to Devil May Cry.

Yes, it seems so. Which genre is it (Lost Soul) ?

Wow, this looks unpolished.
Hopefully that will be resolved by its release.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:

I couldn't disagree more. This already has more polish than most AAA titles. My only complaint is the open world looks like it will feel a bit empty due to the lack of forested areas.

Azuren said:
caffeinade said:

I couldn't disagree more. This already has more polish than most AAA titles. My only complaint is the open world looks like it will feel a bit empty due to the lack of forested areas.

Define, polish.

caffeinade said:
Azuren said:

Define, polish.

Additional work spent on the game following the completion and implementation of basic design, usually applied to the visuals in the way of adding lighting/water/particle effects but also to tighten gameplay for a more seamless experience. The combat is pretty fucking tight, and the character models can give Square Enix a run for its money.

Azuren said:
caffeinade said:

Define, polish.

Additional work spent on the game following the completion and implementation of basic design, usually applied to the visuals in the way of adding lighting/water/particle effects but also to tighten gameplay for a more seamless experience. The combat is pretty fucking tight, and the character models can give Square Enix a run for its money.

You're easy to please.
Lighting, water and particle effects, are perhaps: the cheapest part of game design and development.

The games animations are, well: they are not anything to brag about.
Character designs are pretty uninspiring, and pretty low quality.
Monster designs are trash.
The combat looks to be: mediocre at best.

The boss spends 90% of its time with its feet inside the ground, and 10% of the time gliding along the floor.

The fading to black for a fifteen second long cutscene is pretty lazy and not something a polished game would be doing.
"to tighten gameplay for a more seamless experience"
Seamless, sure.

caffeinade said:
Azuren said:

You're easy to please.
Lighting, water and particle effects, are perhaps: the cheapest part of game design and development.

The games animations are, well: they are not anything to brag about.
Character designs are pretty uninspiring, and pretty low quality.
Monster designs are trash.
The combat looks to be: mediocre at best.

The boss spends 90% of its time with its feet inside the ground, and 10% of the time gliding along the floor.

The fading to black for a fifteen second long cutscene is pretty lazy and not something a polished game would be doing.
"to tighten gameplay for a more seamless experience"
Seamless, sure.

Honestly, I don't agree with a single thing you said. "Easy to please"? Hardly. You're just looking for things to complain about, so you nitpick at subjective things that you clearly have an outlying opinion on.

Not to say outlying opinions are a bad thing. I hate Elder Scrolls for being boring as hell, and I feel that Mario games are the single most overrated games ever made and mostly skate by on nostalgia and brand recognition. But those are outlying and unpopular opinions, like yours on Lost Soul Aside.