By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars: The Last Jedi Box Office

Last night previews are believed to be over $45 Million. This will be the second largest preview day for a movie behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Another weird tidbit is that, correct me if I am wrong, this may become the first movie since Indiana Jones to score a Fresh with critics and a rotten with audience. Apparently, audiences are not enjoying the movie as much... That will affect overall box office.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

It's at 65% for the audience right now.

Edit: Seems like The Last Jedi is going to be really divided to the audience based on how some like it and some dislike it.

Last edited by Mr.GameCrazy - on 15 December 2017

Disney will redeem the prequels yet.

This one not so much, but the next should drop quite a bit.

I enjoyed it! I can see why some people might not find it the same as me but overall I'm happy with the direction this one took.

General reception seems to be very positive. But you always have that band of hardcore neighsayers.

Around the Network

I haven't seen any of the new Star wars movies. Arent they just "Hey! Remember the original trilogy? Heres 2 hours of references to that."?

KLXVER said:
I haven't seen any of the new Star wars movies. Arent they just "Hey! Remember the original trilogy? Heres 2 hours of references to that."?

That was most people's main problem with Episode VII.

VIII is definitely not following that trend though and it was completely different for me.

WolfpackN64 said:
General reception seems to be very positive. But you always have that band of hardcore neighsayers.

Really?

The general reception is 65% on Rotten Tomatoes and 55% on Metacritic from the audiences. I think it's rather the usual band of nerdculture hihi praising non-ST fans that give this movie a pass.

OTBWY said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Really?

The general reception is 65% on Rotten Tomatoes and 55% on Metacritic from the audiences. I think it's rather the usual band of nerdculture hihi praising non-ST fans that give this movie a pass.

Really, so because I enjoyed the movie I'm not a Star Wars fan? That's nonsense. The problem is that people with a negative view of the movie are quicker to express this, that has always been the case.

The biggest problem with this movie, I believe, is that many fans analysed it to death and so, they didn't get the movie they expected. For me, that's a sign Rian Johnson is willing to take needed risks with the franchise and if he has to upset some fans that still plot characters by power level on a graph, so be it.

OTBWY said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Really?

In this day and age, everything that's really, really popular (and there's nothing more popular than SW tbh) tends to have a polarized reception. That's not surprising. TFA will have a better reception because they played safe. I find really funny than when they tried to do something different, everyone was like: "THIS IS NOT STAR WARS". And when TFA came: "THIS IS JUST A REHASHED EPISODE IV". What I mean is that it's impossible to please everyone. I loved the movie, and I can assure you I'm a huge SW fan. And I wanted exactly what they did. A shake up in the franchise model. Something different but great.