By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What should I get next on the Switch?

I have Mario Odd. I haven't completed it 100% yet, but now that you can just buy the stars I am bored (why would they include this? Dumb.) What game should I get next? I was thinking Golf Story or Stardew Valley for some reason. Also interested in Yooka-Laylee. Zelda looks like fun, but I have never been able to accept and enjoy a Zelda game (Wind Waker possibly an exception if I had more time). What do you guys recommend? Xenoblade looked like a contender too.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

Depends on your budget. Star dew and golf are fun and relatively inexpensive.XC 2 is very good but pricier. When in doubt buy multiple games.

If you like games like Skyrim, you will love Zelda. Many who do not like the old ones love BotW.

Xenoblade is a fantastic jrpg. Slowish start, but a great game.

You can't go wrong with either of these IMO if you enjoy their gener.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Dive into Zelda.

Stardew, Zelda or Xenoblade are all good choices

What about Splatoon 2?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:

What about Splatoon 2?

Splatoon 1 was a blast on the Wii U, but I feel that I may have been burnt out from playing and enjoying it so much. Kind of like Playing COD4 so much that the other ones felt more of the same. 

With Zelda, I hate Skyrim because the story was so boring. If I do not like Skyrim, is it possible to like Breath of the Wild.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Zelda for sure. It’s so different from all the other games and I think you’d enjoy it very much, if exploring is something that interests you. I would also say Splatoon 2 considering how you enjoyed the 1st. Give that one a few more months though if you still feel burned out. It’s extremely good.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

roadkillers said:
Platina said:

What about Splatoon 2?

Splatoon 1 was a blast on the Wii U, but I feel that I may have been burnt out from playing and enjoying it so much. Kind of like Playing COD4 so much that the other ones felt more of the same. 

With Zelda, I hate Skyrim because the story was so boring. If I do not like Skyrim, is it possible to like Breath of the Wild.

I do not like Elder Scrolls or any of the other 3D Zelda games, but I really love Breath of the Wild.  I am a fan of the NES/SNES Zeldas.  BotW feels like these old Zeldas to me and that is why I like it.  So yes, you can hate Elder Scrolls and most Zelda games and still really love this one.

Don't know if you are looking for multiplayer games, but here are some that I really like on the Switch: Puyo Puyo Tetris, Mario Kart 8 and Arms.  I was not even that big of a fan of Tetris before I got Puyo Puyo Tetris, but now I am converted.  The game is awesome.

I also have my eyes on Mario + Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors, but I haven't tried them yet.  I know that Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U was one of the best games on that system, so I have high hopes for Fire Emblem Warriors too.

roadkillers said:
Platina said:

What about Splatoon 2?

I'm not sure, since I never played Skyrim

Zelda's story is nice, and it's really up to you to find it with the Memories and Divine Beasts

I've been playing Splatoon for 600h+ and am still playing it :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Well, if you're weary to play Zelda, I think you should try Xenoblade Chronicles 2.