By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Disney buy 21st Century Fox for $52.4billion

Around the Network
The Fury said:
roadkillers said:

The Biggest.

You try telling devout Catholics that they are the same faith as reformist LDS and see how that goes. :P

I remember having a couple of those guys show up at my doorstep.  Intriguing to say the lease.  They came back for a follow up when my wife was home.  She had a very defensive look on her face the whole time they were there.  No, we are not Catholic.

Mar1217 said:
I don't see this ending in a healthy competition ... like at all !

Can't believe there were people supporting this kind of monopolistic transaction because of their little MCU. You know that it doesn't mean automatically better quality content for the franchises that they just bought,right ?

Yes, it does.  You cannot get anything worst that that last Fant4stic.

The Fury said:
roadkillers said:

Meh, there are so many different movies and companies. Each year new ones come and new ones go. The biggest news here is the whole Hulu acquisition I think..

Disney purchase Star Wars and Marvel to get the young male audience, with those 2 franchises they basically have toys sorted. But that 4bil and 2bil respectively and they've already no doubt made back their money. This deal is nothing compared to hose, was this deal just to get a non market leading streaming service? A service not even established outside the US? Yet if it means they limit their work to this service.

They still need to get the Namor and Hulk distribution rights, along with the Spider-Man film rights, to have complete control of Marvel's films I believe.

From Reddit:

"In order to ensure the security and continuing stability, Disney will be reorganized into THE FIRST GALACTIC EMPIRE."

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

I remember having a couple of those guys show up at my doorstep.  Intriguing to say the lease.  They came back for a follow up when my wife was home.  She had a very defensive look on her face the whole time they were there.  No, we are not Catholic.

The whole missionary thing is a little odd but I had some LDS friends, just normal people, just you know, churchy, same with most faiths. But explain to any of them that their faith isn't the right one, or that all christian religions are the same and suddenly they go all defensive, it's weirdly funny.

VGPolyglot said:

They still need to get the Namor and Hulk distribution rights, along with the Spider-Man film rights, to have complete control of Marvel's films I believe.

Namor is Universal like Hulk right? But I heard it's a bit more up in the air. Technically Marvel have them but there are odd things left in place. How a Namor film would fit in everything I'm not sure however.

Hmm, pie.

Bristow9091 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

I mean, who's to say they won't ramp up film production? Maybe they'll let the majority of FOX studios just carry on working as they are as long as they're bringing home the money... I doubt they'll only be making so few films per year after this transaction.

I think so too, i just found the tweet very interesting.

I could be wrong, but Disney has kept the quality of their movies very high, i would rather less quantity with higher quality than a shit ton of shitty movies with a great movie here and there.

Cool! I'm looking forward to Marvel's X-men and F4.

Disney taking over every aspect of entertainment

One big company at a time

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

ThisGuyFooks said:
Bristow9091 said:

I mean, who's to say they won't ramp up film production? Maybe they'll let the majority of FOX studios just carry on working as they are as long as they're bringing home the money... I doubt they'll only be making so few films per year after this transaction.

I think so too, i just found the tweet very interesting.

I could be wrong, but Disney has kept the quality of their movies very high, i would rather less quantity with higher quality than a shit ton of shitty movies with a great movie here and there.

Fair if we're talking blockbusters, but Hollywood needs to produce smaller films as well or all we'll have are superhero and Star Wars movies. I love those movies, but the industry is better when smaller, more artistic films are releasing at a decent rate.