By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 500,000 People have Played PUBG on Xbox One

hudsoniscool said:
reviniente said:

This confirms that unfinished, broken games are the new cool... [sigh]

I think that the pc version confirmed that months ago.

Well, Steam has always been the place for games that won't run properly. I still think consoles should be held to a higher standard. So... [sigh]

Around the Network
reviniente said:

There's nothing new about that.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

caffeinade said:
jason1637 said:

500k in like a day compared to 25m in 9 months.

But the game has received a decent amount of marketing from Microsoft.
PUBG already has unbelievable momentum.
PUBG is The reason to own an Xbox right now, and is the system seller for the XxX.

The game has sold very well on Xbox so far, I just thought it would do a bit better.
~750k - 1m day one.

I honestly don't think ms has marketed it much at all. No gameplay, no ability to pre-order digitally, 1 live action trailer at the award show. But has anyone seen the trailer on tv? And I think that's actually really good numbers for 1 1/2 days.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Errorist76 said:
From what I read many people have actually got their games refunded...So take all those numbers with a grain of salt.

Lol stop, most people don't even know how to get a refund. It's certainly less than 5% maybe even under 1%. It's a factor that has to be taken into account. The bigger factor is multiple accounts. A decent number of people do that. 

hudsoniscool said:

More than 500k for sure.
This is how the leaderboard work. Each playlist and each server have there own leaderboards. Best as I can tell ur ranking is ur average score per game. So it doesn't matter if u have played 1 match or 1000.

So to not count people 2 times i think it's best to look at the solo leaderboards only per server(na, Europe, and Asia)

In North America I'm ranked 235k but Ive been pretty good. Jason says 430k. But I'm not sure how good he has been doing. So I'm not sure how much more people have played on these servers.
I played 1 match in both Europe and Asia so I would show up on the boards. I died as fast as I possibly could to try to see the total players. 225k in Europe and 50k in Asia.

So that's a total of 700k players so far at least.Since there is no trial we know that these people either paid for the game or have multiple accounts. If someone from Europe could play 1 match in the NA servers and die as quickly as possible it would give us much more accurate number for NA.

Was 430k after playing 3 matches. I played a few more today and ranked in the top 20 so my ranks gonna go up.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
reviniente said:

A huge crowd of folk have been happy with that for decades. I'm just stood here looking at all types of games, from indie, to KS, to AA and AAA games.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

jason1637 said:
hudsoniscool said:

More than 500k for sure.
This is how the leaderboard work. Each playlist and each server have there own leaderboards. Best as I can tell ur ranking is ur average score per game. So it doesn't matter if u have played 1 match or 1000.

So to not count people 2 times i think it's best to look at the solo leaderboards only per server(na, Europe, and Asia)

In North America I'm ranked 235k but Ive been pretty good. Jason says 430k. But I'm not sure how good he has been doing. So I'm not sure how much more people have played on these servers.
I played 1 match in both Europe and Asia so I would show up on the boards. I died as fast as I possibly could to try to see the total players. 225k in Europe and 50k in Asia.

So that's a total of 700k players so far at least.Since there is no trial we know that these people either paid for the game or have multiple accounts. If someone from Europe could play 1 match in the NA servers and die as quickly as possible it would give us much more accurate number for NA.

Was 430k after playing 3 matches. I played a few more today and ranked in the top 20 so my ranks gonna go up.

I hope someone does what I did for NA. I think it's at least 500k now but who knows. 

Bandorr said:
What effect does refunds have on that number? I assume once an account is made, it is made. So that number wouldn't go lower.

I'd also like a hardware break down. Percent that is Xbox S, Xbox X.
Also by region. PC has a HUGE following in Korea I believe. One I'd be surprised to follow to Xbox.

To get on the leaderboards you have to complete a match or two. If you refund it you're still on the leaderboards but I doubt the game has that many refunds.

reviniente said:
hudsoniscool said:

Well, Steam has always been the place for games that won't run properly. I still think consoles should be held to a higher standard. So... [sigh]

Steam has plenty of games that run properly. it's early access and some devs that have proven they cannot make good games, let alone getting them to work on PC and consoles.

How can consoles even begin to be held to a higher standard when you have to dial settings for the lesser hw stored inside them?. Especially when you have to consider that each of those market places, have all had some form of bad games and buggy ones released on each of them. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So, I wonder how many sales that equals then.