By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

LudicrousSpeed said:
Errorist76 said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-02/microsoft-is-said-in-talks-to-extend-battlegrounds-exclusive

Or do you really think those timed exclusivity deals work out without money?!

I don’t see anything in there about MS being desperate for an exclusive. Shouldn’t it be Microsoft looking to extend the deal if that were the case, not Bluehole? And yes, I’m aware in these deals money changes hands. This forum has a shifting definition of moneyhat though. Here MS paid to publish and help develop a game to bring to their console much faster than it otherwise would have been. This is moneyhatting. Yet in a situation like SFV that’s not moneyhatting even though the game is never coming to another console, lol.

He said MS moneyhatted the game because they were desperate for an exclusive. I just wanted to know where he read that, because as I pointed out, other companies have paid for stuff this season that probably wouldn’t be classified as desperate for doing so :)

Microsoft (rumor) supposedly tried to buy Bluehole. That could maybe be construed as moneyhatting as a negative. This kind of deal, no. PS4 doesn’t have an early access foothold, and the game will make its way to that console eventually.

Exactly what he said. There is only one way why they would try to release it in such an unpolished state...they want a quick cash in and a console seller of some sorts for the holidays. And no, it's not Bluehole who wanted to extend the deal, it was Microsoft obviously. Microsoft paid for a timed exclusivity. They again, like with Tomb Raider, take an established franchise and pay lots of money to keep it from other platforms for some time. Call it what you want...The worst thing is them trying to fool everybody another time, about what type of exclusive it really is. 

I'm not saying Sony is not guilty of doing similar stuff sometimes, but your SFV example does't count, since Sony were the ones who made the game possible in the first place. They financed it.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 13 December 2017

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I don’t see anything in there about MS being desperate for an exclusive. Shouldn’t it be Microsoft looking to extend the deal if that were the case, not Bluehole? And yes, I’m aware in these deals money changes hands. This forum has a shifting definition of moneyhat though. Here MS paid to publish and help develop a game to bring to their console much faster than it otherwise would have been. This is moneyhatting. Yet in a situation like SFV that’s not moneyhatting even though the game is never coming to another console, lol.

He said MS moneyhatted the game because they were desperate for an exclusive. I just wanted to know where he read that, because as I pointed out, other companies have paid for stuff this season that probably wouldn’t be classified as desperate for doing so :)

Microsoft (rumor) supposedly tried to buy Bluehole. That could maybe be construed as moneyhatting as a negative. This kind of deal, no. PS4 doesn’t have an early access foothold, and the game will make its way to that console eventually.

Exactly what he said. There is only one way why they would try to release it in such an unpolished state...they want a quick cash in and a console seller of some sorts for the holidays. And no, it's not Bluepoint who wanted to extend the deal, it was Microsoft obviously. Microsoft paid for a timed exclusivity. They again, like with Tomb Raider, take an established franchise and pay lots of money to keep it from other platforms for some time. Call it what you want...The worst thing is them trying to fool everybody another time, about what type of exclusive it really is. 

I'm not saying Sony is not guilty of doing similar stuff sometimes, but your SFV example does't count, since Sony were the ones who made the game possible in the first place. They financed it.

Why do you keep calling it Bluepoint?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Errorist76 said:

Exactly what he said. There is only one way why they would try to release it in such an unpolished state...they want a quick cash in and a console seller of some sorts for the holidays. And no, it's not Bluepoint who wanted to extend the deal, it was Microsoft obviously. Microsoft paid for a timed exclusivity. They again, like with Tomb Raider, take an established franchise and pay lots of money to keep it from other platforms for some time. Call it what you want...The worst thing is them trying to fool everybody another time, about what type of exclusive it really is. 

Why do you keep calling it Bluepoint?

It's a typo in my mind, sorry...if Bluepoint only DID do the port! At least then it would be quality work. Going to correct it now, please forgive me Bluepoint.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Seem well paid money for the moneyhatt microsoft did to prevent it to come to ps4 for a couple of months.

Lol thank goodness Microsoft paid extra to keep this game away from Sony. The reason for this is I hope this proves that paying for early access is not always a good thing. Hopefully they can keep pubg away for good unless there are some serious patches. It honestly does not matter if pubg goes to consoles in general though because people are busy playing fortnite and those pesky single player experiences.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 13 December 2017

Loving the double standards everywhere. If it's a major publisher or VR game that's not perfect on release, burn it at the stakes! Bet eh, early access is awesome! After all the scrutinizing over true 4K vs upscaled it's quite funny.

I wonder if the success of this (if it's going to sell as well on XBox as on PC) will influence future games. Why bother with optimization, call it early access, make it run somewhat decent on the X and cash in. It's been working for PC.

But I'm glad more people realize that graphics aren't everything. Now take the plunge and dive into VR. You won't regret it!

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:

Exactly what he said. There is only one way why they would try to release it in such an unpolished state...they want a quick cash in and a console seller of some sorts for the holidays. And no, it's not Bluehole who wanted to extend the deal, it was Microsoft obviously. Microsoft paid for a timed exclusivity. They again, like with Tomb Raider, take an established franchise and pay lots of money to keep it from other platforms for some time. Call it what you want...The worst thing is them trying to fool everybody another time, about what type of exclusive it really is. 

lol, "unpolished". It's a Game Preview game. It was revealed and marketed as a Game Preview title. And of course they want another big title for the holidays... what company doesn't? Why do you say it was "obviously Microsoft"? Your link reads as if it's Bluehole, and at best doesn't lean either way. I guess that's what happens when people rely on theories when making factual statements.

Thanks for proving my point exactly with the SFV excuse. Couldn't have confirmed it any better myself.

hudsoniscool said:
So much fun. Me n my cousin did 3rd or better in duos 3 out of our 4 matches. We just had a blast with it. Doesn't run great but better then some 'concerned' people.

Most of the "concerned" people I have seen (not just here but everywhere) are people who either don't play on Xbox or even if they do, had no interest in the game. No one who followed PUBG and knows about it and how it runs on PC would be surprised a console early access version has some frame rate issues at launch. I mean, lol, there are a lot of people confused on what a Game Preview title is and how they work. Or maybe they're just "confused", idk.

DroidKnight said:
I got 4 matches in yesterday, and the lag I experienced was in the lobby and the plane jumping parts. I was playing solo matches and trying to learn the controls. #88, #56, #17, #8, were the places I finished. The fourth round I was in, had my heart pumping so hard I thought my chest would explode. Worth every damn penny I paid, and I know this is the worst the game is going to run. It is only going to get better as patches come out.

Yep, only time I see issues is in those same spots... the lobby where you wait while the game loads and then the parachuting. aka like 1% of the time you're playing. Unless you suck and die right when you land I guess lol.

SvennoJ said:
Loving the double standards everywhere. If it's a major publisher or VR game that's not perfect on release, burn it at the stakes! Bet eh, early access is awesome! After all the scrutinizing over true 4K vs upscaled it's quite funny.

I wonder if the success of this (if it's going to sell as well on XBox as on PC) will influence future games. Why bother with optimization, call it early access, make it run somewhat decent on the X and cash in. It's been working for PC.

But I'm glad more people realize that graphics aren't everything. Now take the plunge and dive into VR. You won't regret it!

The thing is though that it's not "on release", this isn't even the release version.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Seem well paid money for the moneyhatt microsoft did to prevent it to come to ps4 for a couple of months.

And I can imagine the additional lulz at Sony if PS4 will directly receive the debugged version, kindly offered by MS.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!