By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Nintendo Switch Is Selling Exactly As Fast As Sony's PS4" - Forbes

Do you agree with the article?

Yes, Switch will KILL the PS4! 18 12.95%

No, PS4 will remain champion! 74 53.24%

Hard to tell right now, time will only tell. 47 33.81%

Total:139

This is what we wanted though, right?! We wanted good stiff competition between the rivals to make things interesting. While sales are piling up....we, as gamers/consumers, get great software and exclusives. I'm actually very pleased right now. I'm happy I own all consoles. I won't miss any games coming out.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Dude relax. ps4 is selling much better. the only reason switch is close because it's going through it fully stocked holiday, ps4 in it's first real holiday period sold through around 8 million, it's launch holiday doesn't really count because it sold out 4 months before launch just with preorders.

Youre making things up, here are official numbers straight from Sony.

10 million as of Aug 10, 2014

18.5 million as of Jan 4, 2015

So unless PS4 only sold 500k in Aug+Sept+Oct than it didnt sell 8 million during the holidays in 2014.

This site has it at 5.7 million in Nov+Dec but it also has it overtracked by 500k in Aug-Dec.

my mistake so around 6.3 million million sold, switch might do 4.3 million at best thats a good comparison for you. this also ps4 weakest holiday. WW. 399$ console vs 299$ console with it's biggest franchises at the highest quality.

The PS4 will do just fine

The Switch shouldn't impact it much anyways

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Youre making things up, here are official numbers straight from Sony.

10 million as of Aug 10, 2014

18.5 million as of Jan 4, 2015

So unless PS4 only sold 500k in Aug+Sept+Oct than it didnt sell 8 million during the holidays in 2014.

This site has it at 5.7 million in Nov+Dec but it also has it overtracked by 500k in Aug-Dec.

my mistake so around 6.3 million million sold, switch might do 4.3 million at best thats a good comparison for you. this also ps4 weakest holiday. WW. 399$ console vs 299$ console with it's biggest franchises at the highest quality.

How do you come up with your numbers? I just told you its 5.7m and overtracked.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

How do you come up with your numbers? I just told you its 5.7m and overtracked.

each holiday quarter sony ships 8 million or more, i don't think there that much ps4 just sitting on store shelves.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
I got second hand embarrassment from how much desperation was in your OP. Take a breather.

Haha, ok, good for you. Bye now. Have a nice NintendoPie on me, ok?

mZuzek said:
Lawlight said:
Sure but the article forgets to mention that the PS4 came out in PAL territories on the 29th of November and on the 19th-23rd of December in SE and in February in Japan. PS4 will trail the Switch during the holidays because the launches aren’t aligned. But I think we can all agree which system will sell the most in the end.

How the hell does the launch being aligned have anything to do with anything, really? The Switch launched in March of all things, so it shouldn't really make much of a difference, if anything it gives the PS4 the advantage since it had a holiday season much closer to launch.

I don't want to get involved in this argument but I would like to point out that the quarter a console launches in is basically irrelevant when demand clearly exceeds supply.  For example, the Switch would not have sold more if it launched in November and the PS4 had shortages into the next year despite a staggered release.  There is little value in that differentiation unless you're talking about software sales.  Overall (and I said this before the Switch launch) I think it's better to release in the early part of the year if you know that you're going to have production issues because you're not going into the Holidays with nothing to sell.  

Really, "launch" has always been a terrible comparison for consoles.  It's not until supply exceeds demand consistently that we can really see what's going on.  

twintail said:
StreaK said: 

Oh oh for Sony??? DAMMIT I hope not.

Well when you are linking a contributor article and not an actual Forbes writer, and one who doesn't know what the word 'exactly' means, I don't think Sony has anything to worry about it.

Yeah, the "writing" needs work but he still is writing on a site like Forbes. Obviously someone thought he was good enough to get that job. In any case, it doesn't matter. Contributor or not, well-written or not...the FACTS are there. I just googled it so I could find out which console made it to 10 million first. And well, this article gave me my answer. That's all I wanted.

BasilZero said:
Dont care which sells more.

The fact that both are successful is all that is needed since both platforms will be my primary platforms alongside PC in the future.

(Currently PS4 + PC)

Well then, you can say that the Xbox One is successful as well. Surely it isn't a failure.

StreaK said:
NintendoPie said:
I got second hand embarrassment from how much desperation was in your OP. Take a breather.

Haha, ok, good for you. Bye now. Have a nice NintendoPie on me, ok?

Is the fact you aren't fighting what I said admission from you that you are overreacting?