By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Blast reported in New York City transit hub (developing)

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/11/nyregion/explosion-times-square.html?referer=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/chrome-content-suggestions

"The Police Department said that one person was in custody after the blast echoed through the passageway connecting the Times Square and Port Authority subway stations shortly before 7:30 a.m.

The suspect, identified by the police as Akayed Ullah, 27, an immigrant from Bangladesh who lived in Brooklyn, was in serious condition at Bellevue Hospital Center. The Fire Department said four injuries had been reported."

Not sure how serious this is, but all stations are currently down as of now. Let's hope it didn't hurt more than four people.

Also, this is in general discussion currently. Unless it is moved, please keep it non political

Around the Network

Supposedly only person hurt is person that had the device (initial report, 3 bystanders now)

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 11 December 2017

sethnintendo said:
Supposedly only person hurt is person that had the device.

lol good!

sethnintendo said:

I hear it is like 4 others or something.

But regardless, the person with the homemade bomb inside his coat pocket is still alive, so I doubt anyone was too injured or will die. If anyone would have it should be at least the guy inches from the bomb.

Also I've heard he was ISIS inspired. But this is within hours of it happening and thus take anything one hears with grain of salt at this time.

irstupid said:
sethnintendo said:

I hear it is like 4 others or something.

But regardless, the person with the homemade bomb inside his coat pocket is still alive, so I doubt anyone was too injured or will die. If anyone would have it should be at least the guy inches from the bomb.

Also I've heard he was ISIS inspired. But this is within hours of it happening and thus take anything one hears with grain of salt at this time.

Yea, it was probably the first report going out that I heard.  I'll put an edit on but injuries are probably hearing related for bystanders (or trampled in chaos that followed) considering suspect was down and talking to police which they said in first report.

Around the Network

I saw something about this a bit ago. I'm glad that it didn't go off as planned.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/12/11/port-authority-terror-suspect/

"Ullah is from Bangladesh and had been living in Brooklyn. He arrived in the United States in February of 2011 and had a visa. He came in with his parents and 3-4 siblings and subsequently obtained a Green Card and became a permanent U.S. resident."

Would it be legal to strip the pos of his green card and deport him ? hell his entire family should go.

MrRoops said:

"Ullah is from Bangladesh and had been living in Brooklyn. He arrived in the United States in February of 2011 and had a visa. He came in with his parents and 3-4 siblings and subsequently obtained a Green Card and became a permanent U.S. resident."

Would it be legal to strip the pos of his green card and deport him ? hell his entire family should go.

When it comes to the SoB that pulled this stunt they can blow his brains out in the hospital and I'd be more concerned with whether or not they can replace the sheets but unless his family is as fucked up as he is they don't deserve to suffer

Ka-pi96 said:
MrRoops said:

Would it be legal to strip the pos of his green card and deport him ?
hell his entire family should go.

If it isn't then it should be.

That said, would you really want him deported? To a country where they may not imprison him and just let him walk free to go and join some other terrorist organisation or something? Seems much better if he's properly dealt with in the US justice system.

I'd rather they just get what they need out of him (you know confession, motive, accomplices, ect) and then put a 2 cent bullet in his head.

His family is fine unless they apply to the above, accomplices, knowing, ect.

How do green cards work in relation to crimes? Can we put a bullet in his head (if it was that easy) or do we have to deport him because of some sort of international law or something. You know like him being not a U.S. citizen or something, so we can't charge him, but have to send him back to his home country and be charged there?

irstupid said:

I'd rather they just get what they need out of him (you know confession, motive, accomplices, ect) and then put a 2 cent bullet in his head.

His family is fine unless they apply to the above, accomplices, knowing, ect.

How do green cards work in relation to crimes? Can we put a bullet in his head (if it was that easy) or do we have to deport him because of some sort of international law or something. You know like him being not a U.S. citizen or something, so we can't charge him, but have to send him back to his home country and be charged there?

Obviously you don't know anything about law.  He will be charged here as a terrorist.