By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch will probably have best 3rd party support for Nintendo platform from SNES

Miyamotoo said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
So, it will not have the same quality as DS or Wii? Well, third place isn't that bad but I'd prefer first.

Best after SNES imply exactly that, and that's including DS and Wii. :)

Best after SNES implies 4th (DS, Wii, SNES, Switch). I thought you were saying third but at least you clarified. Well, I guess I cannot argue with fourth. I was hoping you meant better than SNES but hey, fourth is not so bad.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said: 

Just for record I dont think that Switch will have 3rd party support on pair with XB1/PS4 but can easily have best one after SNES for any Nintendo platform.

Will it really though ?  No 3rd party game yet to cross a million.   Best one is Mario Rabbits by Ubisoft.  About a month and a half after the PS4s release 3rd parties had achieved multiple milion sellers.

Likely they will try see low sales and wont bother much quickly after.  It's been nearly ten month and best is 570,000 a game with Mario in it. 

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Best after SNES imply exactly that, and that's including DS and Wii. :)

Best after SNES implies 4th (DS, Wii, SNES, Switch). I thought you were saying third but at least you clarified. Well, I guess I cannot argue with fourth. I was hoping you meant better than SNES but hey, fourth is not so bad.

No, best ever for any Nintendo platform after SNES, so that includes better than evre Nintendo platform released after SNES.

MrRoops said:
Miyamotoo said: 

Just for record I dont think that Switch will have 3rd party support on pair with XB1/PS4 but can easily have best one after SNES for any Nintendo platform.

Will it really though ?  No 3rd party game yet to cross a million.   Best one is Mario Rabbits by Ubisoft.  About a month and a half after the PS4s release 3rd parties had achieved multiple milion sellers.

Likely they will try see low sales and wont bother much quickly after.  It's been nearly ten month and best is 570,000 a game with Mario in it. 

Switch is around 9 months on market and still has instal base less than 10m, of course that not single one 3rd party game didnt cross a million. PS4 and XB1 are different because 3rd party games are actually on first place system seller games for those platforms.

Multiplatform port don't need to sell more than 1m in less than 10 months or to be sell on pair like on PS4 to be considered success or to make profit to dev. And like I already wrote, most of 3rd parties that released games on Switch commented how they are satisfied about sales of those games and promised actually strong support.

Miyamotoo said:
MrRoops said:

Switch is around 9 months on market and still has instal base less than 10m, of course that not single one 3rd party game didnt cross a million. PS4 and XB1 are different because 3rd party games are actually on first place system seller games for those platforms.

Multiplatform port don't need to sell more than 1m in less than 10 months or to be sell on pair like on PS4 to be considered success or to make profit to dev. And like I already wrote, most of 3rd parties that released games on Switch commented how they are satisfied about sales of those games and promised actually strong support.

Yahh I don't put much weight behind pr statements.

It doesn't matter what PS/xb is or is not to 3rd party games, if switch is to get legit 3rd party support they are competing with Playstation and Xbox for that support.  For the resources of 3rd parties, and the question is quickly raised aren't they better spent on PS/Xb.  

Sales will dictate the future support, and it's just not looking all roses.  

Around the Network
MrRoops said:
Miyamotoo said: 

Please post your source for software sales on Switch (including digital). 

And no, Vgchartz isn't a good source. 

Lot's of third party companies have made statements about their games selling well. Steamworld Dig 2 sold 10 times as much as the Steam version and a lot more than the PS4 and Xbox One versions. That's just one example. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

MrRoops said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yahh I don't put much weight behind pr statements.

It doesn't matter what PS/xb is or is not to 3rd party games, if switch is to get legit 3rd party support they are competing with Playstation and Xbox for that support.  For the resources of 3rd parties, and the question is quickly raised aren't they better spent on PS/Xb.  

Sales will dictate the future support, and it's just not looking all roses.  

Well there is no point to say that they are satisfied with sales of game if they are not, and to promise much stronger support if they dont intend to do that, and we already seeing how Capcom in just last 2 weeks announced plenty of Mega Man games and Street Fighter Collection and they today again said they are planning to port even more games to Switch, same thing said SQ and Bandai Namco said they are working on 3 Switch exclusives for 2018.

Again, multiplatform ports don't need to sell more than 1m in less than 10 months or to be sell on pair like on PS4 to be considered success or to make profit to dev. And of course that regardless games, some devs would love to release its game on 3 successful platforms instead of 2 successful platforms, beacuse they know they sell more games and make more profit in that way. And we already seeing that Switch is getting more and more 3rd party games, next year Switch will have much more 3rd party announcements than we had this year.

Popularity, sales and install base of Switch and sales of those 3rd party games on Switch are dictate support, and currently 3rd party games on Switch are doing good and Switch itself is doing great, and that's why companies are promising much stronger support.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 11 December 2017

since SNES?

The GC had good support, but it definitely will have better support than the Wii U and most likely the Wii

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said: 

First I wrote that Switch probably will have best 3rd party support after SNES (saying that Switch will have similar 3rd party like N64 doesnt make any sense beacuse N64 had around 300 games LT). Second Doom and Skyrim were just released, EA still didn't coment Fifa sales, while Take Two said they are satisfied with NBA 2K sales on Switch, juding to eShop Doom and Skyrim have good sales on Switch. Also Capcom, SQ, Bandai Namco...they all said they are satified buy Switch sales and promesid much stronger Switch support. Switch cartridges prices will no effect on sales of Switch games for those who already own another console because portability is what is game changer for those people in any case. 3rd parties will continue supporting and releasing games for Switch until Switch and their games sell good.

Also, about ours previous debate, Nintendo done it again, they announced Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 just around two months before launch.

So, we have one western company saying they are satisfied. 
Would be better if they said it was above their expecations, though.

Yes, japanese developers were happy... with ports, where gamers - in Japan, specially - didn't really have a whole lot of new games to play.
Not wanting to call that irrelevant, but i also remember really bad games doing really well because they were launched with Wii.
I'll wait a little more to see if the new batch of games keep the trend.

Thing is, GC, despite missing some of the big names, did have a lot of support, in terms of name and variety.
What I see happening is, Switch also losing big names (mostly because the HW just can't take it), but also not having the variety GC had. Even if we look by today's standards. Which means, Switch will have a lot of Indies, but the regular games, not so much.
Don't forget that selling a lot of Nintendo HW doesn't, usually, spell success for 3rd parties.

Not everyone is crazy about portability, and of those who are, will, according to your logic, forget that they will pay more and have the worst version of the game.
I honestly doubt portability will be that much important in the coming years. But that's me.

Yes, they announced B1-2 two months before release. They also announced B3, which is clearly coming 2019 or beyond.

That’s very possible the way things are shaping up right now.