By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch’s Generation exclusive games: One of the best consoles in gaming history?

monocle_layton said:
Tbf people mention Shadow of the Colussus' remake when talking about how great PS4 will be next year. Nothing wrong with mentioning a remake as a console's strength.

Better to have a remake than to not even have it, no?

A man after my own heart!

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
It's good so far. However with the Switch being the only 9th generation console being out it is technically the worst of the 9th generation consoles. Nintendo can do better.

Switch is 8 Gen. Nintendo have 2 Consoles in the same Generation like Sega.

The most important in a Generation are the Quality of the Videogames and Nintendo is Successful in that

Switch already has a nice library of exclusives. However I find myself intentionally not buying games on the PS4 just to wait and see if they come out on the Switch. For example I am holding off on Dragon Quest Builders. Actually I am intentionally not getting Dark Souls 3 either, because I want to wait for a few months and see if they announce it for the Switch. If I can have a game portable and in cartridge format, then I am definitely buying that version. I don't even care if the graphics are slightly worse.

Out of all that exclusives, only 6 games ill be buying. Ive bought more than 10 ps4 exclusives and at least another 10 ill buying. Ps4 has way more exclusives.

Pinkie_pie said:
Out of all that exclusives, only 6 games ill be buying. Ive bought more than 10 ps4 exclusives and at least another 10 ill buying. Ps4 has way more exclusives.

Now Nintendo Switch have more potencial. Switch have 5 life years more and Ps4 only 2 years more. 

Around the Network
DAXFM said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Now Nintendo Switch have more potencial. Switch have 5 life years more and Ps4 only 2 years more. 

In the end, the ps4 will still have more exclusives because of the many third party exclusives. Every PlayStation home consoles always had more exclusives than their competitors. Nintendo has the best 1st party exclusives though

We'll have to wait and see, but if Nintendo can pull another year similar to 2017 with 2018... THAT would be something. We'll see how many between Metroid, Pokemon, and the Retro game see release in 2018, for starters.

The_Liquid_Laser said: 
Switch already has a nice library of exclusives. However I find myself intentionally not buying games on the PS4 just to wait and see if they come out on the Switch. For example I am holding off on Dragon Quest Builders. Actually I am intentionally not getting Dark Souls 3 either, because I want to wait for a few months and see if they announce it for the Switch. If I can have a game portable and in cartridge format, then I am definitely buying that version. I don't even care if the graphics are slightly worse.

I'm doing the exact same thing. Being able to play on the go/in bed/on the porch/wherever is just a bigger asset than I ever believed it would be.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

DAXFM said:
killeryoshis said:
It's good so far. However with the Switch being the only 9th generation console being out it is technically the worst of the 9th generation consoles. Nintendo can do better.

Switch is 8 Gen. Nintendo have 2 Consoles in the same Generation like Sega.

The most important in a Generation are the Quality of the Videogames and Nintendo is Successful in that

Nah. The king of video games is the one that decides when the new generation starts and Nintendo who is the holder of that  title determined that generation 9 started in March.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

All these people talking about exclusives, they don't realise that Ataribox will get every single game ever made.

Flilix said:
All these people talking about exclusives, they don't realise that Ataribox will get every single game ever made.

LOL