By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - 502 Bad Gateway. Part 3!

Still getting this too. Reloading the page seems to work, but it is a bit of an annoyance.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

Still getting this too. Reloading the page seems to work, but it is a bit of an annoyance.

You're still getting this? Which pages are you going to?

VGPolyglot said:
barneystinson69 said:

The NPD thread. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Machina said:
SvennoJ said:

I had the same yesterday seems fixed now.

Can something be done about the layout of the ads? I'm about to install adblock for Firefox, I'm about done with it.

We've just had a discussion about this on staff, because stuff like that is frankly ridiculous and the ads are a frequent complaint. We don't want people to be forced into using an ad blocker simply because of how bad the ads are, when they would otherwise be happy to keep their ad blocker turned off in order to help support the site if they knew they'd only be shown reasonable ones (in terms of size, placement, etc.).

Talon's going to look into fixing the over-the-top ad stuff like that as soon as he gets some free time. He won't touch the content but the size and placement can be adjusted. The current plan is that Beta Testers and other staff will help find the problem ads/worst examples and he'll sort them out as the highest priority site fix once the new database is live and running smoothly. 

Thanks! I'll keep clicking the close ad button for now. There's a huge empty space on the right for ads :) I don't mind them as long as they don't cover 80% of the information on the screen.

SvennoJ said:

I had the same yesterday seems fixed now.

Can something be done about the layout of the ads? I'm about to install adblock for Firefox, I'm about done with it.

If you join http://www.vgchartz.com/supporters.php#content you get a nice ad free experience.

(but as has been mentioned, I think improvements are already planned as a no cost option).

Around the Network

Got this a lot yesterday, haven't been on much today so not sure if it's still a problem

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

barneystinson69 said:
VGPolyglot said:

The NPD thread. 

There are a few NPD threads...  Can you be more specific as to which one?

Is it reading, or posting, or both?  I assume it is only sometimes, or can you easily reproduce it?

jlauro said:
barneystinson69 said:

The NPD thread. 

There are a few NPD threads...  Can you be more specific as to which one?

Is it reading, or posting, or both?  I assume it is only sometimes, or can you easily reproduce it?

November NPD 2017 one which you can still see on the main page, and I thought this was the culprit too.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Same here.

Yeah, it was happening to me too. Not sure if it's still happening..?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread