By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter World: 3rd Beta (LIVE NOW)

I was able to beat Diabolos and soloing it as well.

Although faint a few times but still. XD

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Kirin_gaming said:

Just for the beta.

The beta needs to be online in order for Capcom to collect information like server stability and such.

Doesn't really matter if there or not come release. MH games are not meant to be played offline. You can play for only so many hours before you need to start playing with teams. So it being available offline is kind of a moot point imo.

is there local co-op?  

Hiku said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Awesome. What strategies did you use?

I use Jyutal Hatchet. If I see an opening I use Demon mode and it will make it easier for you to evade aswell. 
I also memorize it's attack pattern with proper timing  then evade and I am near him again. Attack with Demon Mode again then watch Diablos when he move so you can evade easily. 
Use the flashfire bug aswell to your advantage to stun him and the health bug of Palico.
Use Rock mantle as well. Use it at the beginning and when Diabolos is weak so you can attack with no worries. 
Use paralyze knife to stun him and use the shock trap as well. 
Eat food before the match to gain more health and stamina. 
Use the defense powder. 
Memorize it's attack pattern and you will own him. 

Also, If the beta has more time. I will be beating Rathalos as well. The frustrating part is when Rathalos move from one area to another. It's leaching quality minutes.

Hiku said:
RobDX said:

I gave it a try and it seems it is not possible to pull it off in single player. The weapons available are not strong enough so I always run out of time. Would you be willing to team up with me and give it a try? 

Yeah, quite possibly so. Me and my friend will probably play in about an hour or so. I'll see if you're online then so we can form a 3 man party.

NoCtiS_NoX said:

It's a shame we couldn't make it. It should be over by now right?

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Hiku said:

I use Jyutal Hatchet. If I see an opening I use Demon mode and it will make it easier for you to evade aswell. 
I also memorize it's attack pattern with proper timing  then evade and I am near him again. Attack with Demon Mode again then watch Diablos when he move so you can evade easily. 
Use the flashfire bug aswell to your advantage to stun him and the health bug of Palico.
Use Rock mantle as well. Use it at the beginning and when Diabolos is weak so you can attack with no worries. 
Use paralyze knife to stun him and use the shock trap as well. 
Eat food before the match to gain more health and stamina. 
Use the defense powder. 
Memorize it's attack pattern and you will own him. 

Also, If the beta has more time. I will be beating Rathalos as well. The frustrating part is when Rathalos move from one area to another. It's leaching quality minutes.

Damn it thought it was not possible to do it solo. I didn't know about that demon mode thing you say so that is why I was not doing enough damage even with what I would say was a near perfect fight where I didn't faint once during the 20 minutes.

Hiku said:

Interesting. What bodyparts do you go for to do the most damage? And is it important to cut off bodyparts? We got its horns to come off a few times, but never the tail.
Also, about eating food to get higher health and stamina, when I looked at that the tutorial lady said something like "For this beta, hunters start out with improved health and stamina" so I instead ate the meal that gave me the most attack boost.

We went with the Flame *something* gun and placed mines on the ground to have him either run into them or hit them after emerging from the ground. And if one person used the paralysis gun, the other would use something like sticky bombs (because he defuses them when he burrows under ground) or place traps. Water and Electric ammo seemed to work pretty well. Before when we played him using other classes, he would always move downstairs after a while. But when we switched to guns he would go directly upstairs (outside) instead. I think that's because we started dealing more damage, so he skipped the bottom floor stage? I dunno.

We usually didn't get hit or die much. I think we were very close to killing him but sadly we ran out of time, and the beta ended. =/
Here's a clip of our last run that's been sped up to x5 speed. Change the youtube video's speed to x2 to make it even faster.

This vid is the only thing I have. The other tries I have. I wasn't able to save it. I did better on my previous tries when I beat it.
I kinda mess up a lot it in here (for shame) when I am doing great at the start.
Also, one thing I noticed if you haven't do a significant damage it will most likely go up after 5 minutes in the quest. I hate it when it's going up because it's a very big area and also Barroth is also there because sometimes you can't fast travel when Diabolos goes to a lower area.

I tried the the guns in Rathalos. It's very convenient although I am always losing time. I have 2 problems. One is when it goes from one area to another. It takes some precious time and 2- Poison and stun faint a lot because of those. 

If I have more time. I will be able to beat it because I already design a planned to beat it. I just need a couple more of tries. 
Stun then plant Wyvern bombs then maximum damage. Save wyvern bomb if you successfully knock down Rathalos. When it goes to rest, plant some bombs again then maximum damage. XD  

I am also planning on beating Diabolos, Barroth and Jyuratodus on one go but run out of time for the Beta. It sucks it's only 3 days. :( 
The wait will be excruciating now. Can't wait to Solo Nerigante if possible. XD

Some cool moment with Anjanath.

Around the Network

Dang, I didn't know the demo was only available for a short period of time. I was talking to a friend of mine about it and he said it was already over. He was unable to play it unfortunately

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hiku said:

Update:

I've beaten the third quest now as well. And I learned how to use the powered up moves of the Insect Glavie, which is really fun. You have to extract some type of essence from enemies using your insect. And they give you buffs. Head = Red, Torso = Orange, Leg = White.
When you have all three, you can perform some crazy moves with the Insect Glavie.

Also, has anyone beaten these guys yet?

They're not part of the quest objectives, but they are there in the stages. Going to try to kill them now with a friend.

A good stand still combo with red buff is triangle triangle circle and just repeat.

more hunting time! 

Hiku said: 

Well, he will have another chance to play it soon!

NoCtiS_NoX said:

more hunting time! 

I only got to play about 30 minutes of first beta. Going to have to make time for the open beta. 

Hiku said:
Cloudman said:
Dang, I didn't know the demo was only available for a short period of time. I was talking to a friend of mine about it and he said it was already over. He was unable to play it unfortunately

Well, he will have another chance to play it soon!

Yeah, I already messaged him about it. I may do another as a reminder around the day it starts

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread