By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

OTBWY said:
I had it wrong LOL. I will take it for now, HOWEVER, the PS4 was 200 quid. Whatever argument there is after that is pointless. Sony fans gloat too much when they have been losing NPD's month after month to the Switch. That should say enough.

Oh well, we will see next NPD.

And so what if the PS4 was $200? This narrative seems to be pushed only when it favors some sort of twisted reasoning.... the PS4 is also 4 years old. The PS4 also didn't have two games that everyone and their dog seems to have felt were the best games ever made. These are all just semantics.

Were you expecting the NS to have also been priced at $200 6 months into its launch year? Riding of the back of two of the biggest nintendo IPs one of which is exclusive to the NS.

And you talk about gloating.... obviously you do not know nintendo fans. How do you thnk the term XXXdomination was conned lol....

And what is there to evn gloat about. It was expected that the PS4 would lose NPDs to nintendo... hell some even felt it would lose this one to nintendo. What wasn't expected was that it would win by the kinda margins that are rumored that it won this november by. Cause a win like that negates everything the NS has done in all those NPDs this year.

But at the end none of this matters though, I have said before, its a bigger problem for sony to lose to MS than for them to lose to nintendo. 

Around the Network
ThisGuyFooks said:
zorg1000 said:

That was the consensus on these boards.

And if Switch was $199 this holiday it would have dominated, we can go back and forth all day on hypothetical situations, it doesnt change reality.

It doesn't, the PS4 is ahead of the Switch launches aligned.

At 399$

3ds was $169. Switch looking good now right?

ThisGuyFooks said:
zorg1000 said:

And if Switch was $199 this holiday it would have dominated, we can go back and forth all day on hypothetical situations, it doesnt change reality.

At 399$

We will see with the months to come. Never speak too early. The Switch was supposed to be DOA remember.

ThisGuyFooks said:
Lawlight said:

That’s funny when Nintendo fans have been the ones gloating for months in the NPD and Media Create charts.

You wouldn't believe that the fans that have been gloating the most, are the ones that are coming from one of the, if not The Biggest Flop in Consoles History.

Since you want to go there you can say the same about sony fans correct? But with Handhelds instead

ThisGuyFooks said:
zorg1000 said:

At 399$

If you really insist that price alone puts PS4 at the disadvantage than you have to account for it having a blu-ray player and other multimedia features, 15x as much storage, and like 5x as powerful.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

At 399$

3ds was $169. Switch looking good now right?

I dont get your point.

zorg1000 said:

All i originally said was that a minority of people claimed Switch would dominate because i find it weird to single out what a small % of people thought, somehow we escalated into a weird argument when we actually kinda agree with each other.

Maybe its my fault it got this far, so ill just drop it.

Thats ok.... I am sure icontributed to it too.

I do agree with you, I was just trying to point out that in this case, 28% isn't a minority.

Anyways lets leave it alone.

ThisGuyFooks said:
Lawlight said:

That’s funny when Nintendo fans have been the ones gloating for months in the NPD and Media Create charts.

You wouldn't believe that the fans that have been gloating the most, are the ones that are coming from one of the, if not The Biggest Flop in Consoles History.

The WiiU? Not even close to the biggest flop...

OTBWY said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

At 399$

We will see with the months to come. Never speak too early. The Switch was supposed to be DOA remember.

Nice stealth edit BTW.

tbone51 said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Since you want to go there you can say the same about sony fans correct? But with Handhelds instead

LMAO what a silly argument you got there