By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

quickrick said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

I thought that when people talked about the Gap closing, they were refering to this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/09/06/gap-close-roughly-200-stores-next-three-years/637784001/

LMAO switch will never get to close to ps4 numbers, 2 reasons, all third party games are on ps4, and thats what sell systems, the handheld market will continue to shrink, because of mobile. 

If switch surpasses 3ds how is that market shrinkin? Unless you mean because sony abandoned it?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

The PS4 was only available for 2 weeks in November compared to the Switch's full month.

Your point?

My point is that the comparison is flawed.

quickrick said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

I thought that when people talked about the Gap closing, they were refering to this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/09/06/gap-close-roughly-200-stores-next-three-years/637784001/

LMAO switch will never get to close to ps4 numbers, 2 reasons, all third party games are on ps4, and thats what sell systems, the handheld market will continue to shrink, because of mobile. 

If switch surpasses 3ds how is that market shrinkin? Unless you mean because sony abandoned it?

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

Your point?

Its not flawed. Your basically saying we cant compare anything at all. Like NPD is all month. So pokemon and COD cant be compared going by your logic.

X1Gates said:
Sh1nn said:

COD WWII - 4.4M
SW BF2 - 882K

UPD: 

That's only retail sales 

I am happy to see that SWBF2 flopped in comparison to COD. Hopefully EA see that no one cares for the pay to win and don't try to implement it into my beloved battlefield franchise. 

What happened with your Amazon Thread updates bro? You are missed there!

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts leading the consumers to buy a PS4 helped it claim the top spot. As expected.

Slownenberg said:
Is this correct? Didn't Switch sell the most over Black Friday? Between that and extra stock for Mario at the beginning of the month it is hard to imagine those numbers are accurate unless they just had like zero stock the rest of the month.

Those are only from ONLINE sales. Not overall. 

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

Your point?

Im sorry that ~255 vs ~265 days isnt close enough for you.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Acevil said:
This npd thread reminds of that time Xbox one beat PS4 in November in first November and people started hyperboling. Quiet funny the seeing the fanbase acting like the opposite from that day.

Right.

The most powerful console couldn't beat PS4.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 08 December 2017

tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

Last generation we had the PSP and DS sell a combined 230M+ units. How has it not shrunk?