By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metro Exodus (PS4, XBO, PC) launches fall 2018, ‘The Aurora’ trailer

MrRoops said:
Errorist76 said:

So a certain roughness you mean?! ;P

lol maybe, but rough is not the word id use.

Tough or just balls, they have balls.  

Roughness more in a sense to describe the worlds they create. More mature, rough, dark and less black & white worlds than the usual western or especially Japanese developer.

Guess that’s what being raised with Vodka instead of milk does to you ;D

Around the Network

I really liked the last game so I'll definitely get this.

Aeolus451 said:

All their games are among my favourite shooters for sure.

Ultrashroomz said:
To anyone who hasn't played Metro 2033 nor Last Light, you're missing out on some of the greatest single player FPS games, especially 2033.

Can't wait!

I saw the games before for the XB1, unfortunately I couldn't find the PS4 version.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I saw the games before for the XB1, unfortunately I couldn't find the PS4 version.

Did you try the PSN store?

I'm a physical copy guy.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Ultrashroomz said:
To anyone who hasn't played Metro 2033 nor Last Light, you're missing out on some of the greatest single player FPS games, especially 2033.

Can't wait!

I tried to play 2033 but I couldn't see anything at all in the first "town", which gave me a headache, and it took absolutely forever for anything to happen so I got bored and never went back.  Is Last Light the same?  

I can't really blame you. The game takes forever to get going. A little too much world-building and story set-up for my taste. Once it heads to the surface it really becomes something special, though.

I'd say give it another chance. If you can make it to "Dead City" at the end of chapter 2, you should be good!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:

I tried to play 2033 but I couldn't see anything at all in the first "town", which gave me a headache, and it took absolutely forever for anything to happen so I got bored and never went back.  Is Last Light the same?  

I can't really blame you. The game takes forever to get going. A little too much world-building and story set-up for my taste. Once it heads to the surface it really becomes something special, though.

I'd say give it another chance. If you can make it to "Dead City" at the end of chapter 2, you should be good!

Yeah.  I mean, I don't think I even experienced "game-play" other than set pieces.  I much prefer jumping into a game and saving most of the world building for after I'm hooked.  Otherwise, my attention drifts.

As far as the darkness, I've read that the lighting in Redux is improved and uses a much better method.  It also seems that some people experienced a bug relative to the darkness, so maybe that was my problem.  I just remember trying to navigate the town and not being able to see a damn thing.  

Ultrashroomz said:

Can't wait!

If you liked the games, I really recommend you to read the book if you still haven't. You won't be dissapointed.

Errorist76 said:
Aeolus451 said:

All their games are among my favourite shooters for sure.

I really like how well stealth is implemented in the game and that it encourages ya to use it. The dark environments and russian accents also added alot to the experience.