By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch won't turn on

peachbuggy said:

I had this too. It wouldn't fire up properly in any mode. Forced shutdown wouldn't work. Got so worried i contacted Nintendo and they said it was strange and i arranged to send it back for repairs. Then, after letting the battery completely run down, i charged it and it started firing up properly, first in handheld, then in tabletop and finally in docked but not until i'd fully charged it. The problem hasn't surfaced since and i cross my fingers it never does!

The first time I had to completely dry the battery out in order and later fully charge it, but when I turn it off the problem persists. 

Around the Network

Is your warranty up? I'd send it back to Nintendo.

Edit: Oops, forgot you don't live in the US. That sucks.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 04 December 2017

caffeinade said:
ironmanDX said:

Please. That won't work. He needs to put it in rice

After that I recommend debugging.
The air vents on the switch are pretty large, I bet some crawly things would get in with ease.

Agreed. Also, the latest patches should help with the syncing issue. I recommend these.

Thanks for all your help guys, as some of you said, did various things you posted but don't know exactly what worked and it seems to be working fine just now. Powered off and on again, worked and now the left joy-con is recognized by the console. Hope this doesn't happen again :)

ironmanDX said:
caffeinade said:

After that I recommend debugging.
The air vents on the switch are pretty large, I bet some crawly things would get in with ease.

Agreed. Also, the latest patches should help with the syncing issue. I recommend these.

Oh, that is good.

Around the Network

Well mine was kinda an OS problem. It came on, i heard the jingle but no picture. I think the sound worked but all i ended up with was a backlight, which in turn drained the battery. It only seemed to be a 1 time quirk  and hopefully it won't turn out being troublesome for you. If it is, i hope you can get it sorted out easily and efficiently. :{

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

nero said:
Thanks for all your help guys, as some of you said, did various things you posted but don't know exactly what worked and it seems to be working fine just now. Powered off and on again, worked and now the left joy-con is recognized by the console. Hope this doesn't happen again :)

I hope so too for your sake. I'd be lost without mine! :(

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:

Well mine was kinda an OS problem. It came on, i heard the jingle but no picture. I think the sound worked but all i ended up with was a backlight, which in turn drained the battery. It only seemed to be a 1 time quirk  and hopefully it won't turn out being troublesome for you. If it is, i hope you can get it sorted out easily and efficiently. :{

Thanks, but it just happened again, by putting the sd card as it told to mo restart. It didn't. The workaround that seems te be working right now is plug it in. Hold the button. unplug it, plugged it again and hold the power and voila Nintendo logo. Do you turn off your switch? Is it better than to leave it in safe mode?

nero said:
peachbuggy said:

Thanks, but it just happened again, by putting the sd card as it told to mo restart. It didn't. The workaround that seems te be working right now is plug it in. Hold the button. unplug it, plugged it again and hold the power and voila Nintendo logo. Do you turn off your switch? Is it better than to leave it in safe mode?

Yeh it probably is. I usually put it in sleep mode. Try that and hopefully you won't have your problem in the future.

nero said:
Wyrdness said:
I had a problem similar to this back near launch it eventually started responding when I held down the power button.

For how long?

Held it down for quite a while maybe 40 seconds to a minute. but mind you this was back during launch so it may have been something different causing it back then.